Meet our Team
Our Solutions Consultants represent Hitachi Vantara to clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer IT challenges so that we can deliver the right solutions in a profitable way for Hitachi IT products, services and solutions. They are confident communicators able to drive a technical conversation and understand customers' pain points as well as guide them to the most appropriate solution. They are customer-oriented and capable of answering a wide variety of questions related to IT and cloud infrastructure.
We are a collaborative and friendly group, supporting each other's ideas and working together for the success of our customers. We work closely with Inside Sales Representatives and with our Business Partners, to demonstrate the breadth and depth of the Hitachi Vantara Technical Portfolio. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
We are currently hiring an Inside Technical Sales Solutions Consultant to be based in Barcelona, Spain. The successful candidate must collaborate with the Inside Sales team working at Hitachi Vantara's Barcelona office. This is a very important role within our Pre-Sales organization. The role can expand in the future and would enable the candidate to develop into a Field Sales Consultant reporting to the Area Director. The role has an EMEA focus and will be aligned to the Commercial Segment supporting Inside Sales team located in Barcelona and remotely approaching customers and business partners throughout Europe, Middle East - Africa.What you'll be doing
The candidate will engage operationally with Hitachi Vantara Inside Sales Representatives in EMEA and other business stakeholders, including Channel Partners, the ISV Ecosystem, Service Providers and the wider cross functional Hitachi Vantara team, collaborating with these teams to promote the Hitachi Vantara vision and strategy, build pipeline and deliver revenue to exceed region goals. This role must focus on the solutions promotion and proposal development aspects of the sales process, demonstrating a clear technical understanding of the entire portfolio of IT Infrastructure products, including mainly: Block, File and Object Storage, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Storage and IT Infrastructure Management Software as well as Hybrid Cloud Solutions.What you bring to the team
• Engage with Hitachi Vantara inside sales and partners to support the technical positioning of the entire Hitachi Vantara portfolio of products, services and solutions. Able to demonstrate a clear technical understanding of the strengths and competitive advantages, the overall market and business drivers and the value proposition of the portfolio.
• Be an integral contributor to the life-cycle of opportunities as the lead technical architect. Motivating the Account Managers and Channel Partners to increase successful closure of opportunities to drive revenue.
• Work extensively with Technical Channel Partners on alignment and understanding of Hitachi Vantara's differentiators and GTM strategies.
• Demonstrate a client centric approach to ensure proposed solutions have technical impact, operational effectiveness and meet desired business outcomes
• Contribute to technology 'virtual communities' across the Hitachi Vantara business to share best practices, case studies and references.
• Good understanding of storage solutions: Block, File and Object, as well as "full-stack", "engineered" or converged and hyper-converged solutions made up of compute, connectivity and storage components.
• Knowledgeable in ESX, vSAN, NSX, vRealize desired.
• Experience with "X-as-a-Service" offerings is a plus embracing AWS, GCP or Azure Public Clouds.
• Develop capability in consultative technology sales utilizing whiteboard briefings, solution demos and supporting technical information. Contribute to the technology sales components of a clients RFI, RFP response.
• IT Implementation experience a plus working with Management Software.
• Partner and Distribution Channel experience highly desired.
• Effective communicator with confident presentations skills as the technology evangelist.
• Clear logical thinker with the ability to simplify and explain technology solution outcomes.
• Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Ambitious, passionate team player.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent formal education.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge