SAN Unix SA:
• Provide technical System Administrative support for a large complex SAN Storage migration project;
• Liaise with stakeholders to arrange downtime windows and provide information required for change management
• Reboot the servers as required to support the SAN Storage migration factory initiative
• Resolving any issues discovered post server reboot and SAN Storage migrations and initiating corrective action plans as appropriate;
• Ensure processes are clearly documented;
• Provide regular communication to management and stakeholders of migration scheduling status for your scope, including risks, issues and mitigations;
• At times work across multiple time zones and infrastructure areas support teams to ensure high level of support service (while work is predominantly NAM time zone)
• Work outside of office hours as per agreed downtime windows to support the migrations
• Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand;
• Manage a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands;
• Create and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team;
• Engineering solutions and participation in projects implementation in Linux area;
• Trouble-shooting and problem solving of complex issues;
• Reduction of faults, root cause analysis;
• Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in: operating systems: RedHat, AIX, Solaris:
o up to date hands-on experience on RedHat is a must. Must be RedHat. Other Linux flavours won't work for us,
o AIX and/or Solaris experience is required. Could be used a while ago but candidate had to be proficient in these OSes.
o scripting: BASH, perl, Python. Ability to create own scripts and tools, ability to use one-liners on daily tasks.
o understanding of differences between SAN and NAS storage: pros, cons, where fits better, when to use, when not recommended.
o Veritas Cluster, HACMP/PowerHA - hands on experience,
o Oracle RAC awareness and understanding - no hands-on experience required here but must know how to deal with it from the OS level.
o proficient with SAN storage administration at the client level:
o configuration of SAN storage at the OS level including Oracle ASM and Sybase RAW devices,
o management of SAN storage using LVMs (Logical Volume Managers) like native OS LVMs and VxVM (Veritas Volume Manager),
o multipathing software (native RedHat DeviceMapper, native AIX solution, EMC PowerPath, VxDMP),
o migration of SAN storage, LUNs replacement. Preparation, requirements, online/offline methods, possible impact for applications,
o understanding of SAN storage protection: snapshots, replication synchronous/asynchronous,
o analysis of SAN performance issues,
o troubleshooting of SAN related issues at the client level.
o strong understanding of SAN network and storage arrays concepts. RAID, LUN, masking, SAN zoning, HBAs, FC ports, cabling, flash storage. Hands-on experience not required here but must know what it is, what for, what provides, how affects clients which are using SAN storage.
• Knowledge of Veritas product suite including Volume Manager and Cluster Server;
• Knowledge and understanding of naming services such as Active Directory/LDAP/CentrifyDC;
• Knowledge of HP, IBM hardware up to enterprise level;
• Standard office automation products (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Technology Solutions or support service delivery;
• Able to work remotely as required;
• Prior experience in large scale enterprise infrastructure support
• Experience in Infrastructure Support Group in a high availability/mission critical environment;
• Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise;
• Experience of Linux Systems Administration to a certifiable level;
• Analytic and methodical approach to problem solving;
• Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment;
• Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative;
•communication, influencing and organizational skills are a must;
•Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead and work with teams across multiple locations and time zones;
•Strong team player skills;
•Flexible and being able to manage time effectively;
•Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
• Fluent English.