Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
As Hitachi Vantara's Global Innovation team grows, we are looking for a technical writer to contribute to product and solution development efforts and solve complex business challenges in partnership with development team, sales teams, and product managers. This individual would have the opportunity to create content to help evangelize Hitachi Vantara's hyper automation solution within the global innovation division. The technical writer will be a natural collaborator who has experience driving documentation in a large organization while working with a talented front and back-end team.Responsibilities:
The technical writer will be responsible for producing high-quality and understandable documentation that will improve the success of our products. The ideal candidate should be willing to dive into the details and understand the technology they are documenting from both a back-end and user experience perspective. Most importantly, they should be comfortable interacting directly with end-users in documentation walkthroughs. End-users include product managers, engineers, subject matter experts, sales leaders, and leaders across various verticals.What You Will Do:
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Study and understand back-end implementation and front-end user experience of internally built and used applications
- Revamp existing documentation, identify and meet documentation needs
- Develop training materials for recurring product evangelization efforts
- Assist with the rollout of new features by developing documentation, assisting in demos, and sessions to educate users
- Define and implement a recurring education process for new and existing users
- Ensure that documentation is clear for both new application developers and front-end users
- Manage content library including new content, updates and revisions to existing content
- Co-ordinate with cross functional stakeholders to gather information and document procedures
- Technical Writing, including creation of different types of content, including product documentation, user guides, and quick reference manuals
- Experience documenting and creating process flows of complex IT systems and applications
- Should be well versed in understanding key touchpoints to extract "how" - "what" needed for documenting workflows
- Should be familiar with standard IT industry terminology such as storage, database, server, architecture
- Familiar with basic end to end project management life cycle to manage deliverables
- Knowledge of MS Office tools especially Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SharePoint experience a plus
- 3+ years in a technical sales enablement, technical writing, marketing, or creative field.
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated, personable, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to distill complex asks into clear, elegant, and focused messaging.
- Experience with Marketing or Sales Enablement a plus.
- Instructional design/training experience a plus, but not required.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge