Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.What You Will Be Doing
A Portfolio Expert (PE) is responsible for maintaining subject matter expertise on one or more assigned technologies within the Hitachi Vantara portfolio. A PE will be responsible for delivering training in their technology field(s) as an instructor, and participating in course development for instructor-led, self-paced, and other various learning offerings and methods.Responsibilities
A Portfolio Expert is expected to be a thought leader in their areas of focus, obtaining and maintaining expertise on products and solutions for the purpose of sharing that knowledge with Hitachi Vantara Global Learning customers.
The position is responsible for providing technical input and content creation for Global Learning training offerings including, but not limited to, instructor-led training and online self-paced training. A familiarity with Hitachi Vantara technology in general, and knowledge of specific customer use cases are essential for this role.
In addition to course development, a PE is responsible for providing classroom instruction. A PE is able to present Hitachi course material clearly and effectively, with a professional demeanor and customer focus in the classroom. Demonstrated mastery of presentation materials and technology for remote and in-person class delivery is required.
A PE is expected to be familiar with training and adult education methods, ideas, and techniques which can be used to drive engagement, retention, and a desire for further training in our customers.Key Responsibilities
- Maintain subject matter expertise on Hitachi Vantara technology and solutions
- Participate on development teams as the key technical voice and content creator for training material creation and updates
- Lab activity creation as part of course development
- Classroom instruction (remote and in-person) for courses assigned
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Create high quality training material (measured with NPS - Net Promoter Socre - and other customer feedback)
- Deliver a positive classroom experience (measured in customer surveys)
- At least 3+ years of experience in a technical field (Storage Attached Network - SAN) with Hitachi Vantara or competitive technologies
- At least 1+ years of experience within a professional services or education services organization, or pre-sales organization, or IT consulting services provider
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills on technical subjects
- Deep knowledge of IT Industry customer expectations and daily use of Hitachi Vantara technology
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers at all
- Instructional design/training experience a plus, but not required.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge