Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
The Americas Financial Analyst will support the Americas Sales - Services Organizations within Hitachi Vantara. This individual will report to the Senior Finance Manager, Americas Business Finance and collaborate with the team to execute financial analysis and modeling to accelerate future business planning decisions, be an active participant in performing month end close, forecast, reporting and assist with AOP and long-range planning. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels is critical to this role.
This position will coordinate with other finance and accounting resources within the Americas Geography, as well as Corporate, to provide impactful, fact-based analysis to drive efficient and effective decision-making. In addition, you will be asked to drive operational effectiveness and accuracy around the compilation and synthesis of multiple, enterprise-level datasets.
• Think strategically and plan effectively; be hands on, detail and results oriented and
manage multiple tasks against deadlines.
• Independently conduct financial and business research and analysis towards solving the
"Why" of the business issue versus the "What or How" of the matter.
• Provide financial support to functional business areas including forecasting, budgeting
and various ad-hoc analysis.
• Capacity to "build financial tools" that solve business use and analysis problems. In
addition, capacity to work closely with IT helping to drive the implementation of
enterprise level solutions.
• Extend existing financial tools (primarily MS Excel based) towards improved workflow and
operational use of numerous data sets.
• Design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve
• Utilize previously acquired technical experience to become actively involved in day-today projects to meet schedules and resolve problems.
• This individual must work effectively with senior level employees within the Geography,
across functions and with external parties.
• Be a well-rounded team player; with an emphasis on "bias to action"
Financial Shared Services organizations
Sales Ops organization
Geo VP Finance and Finance Staff, as well as FP-A counterparts in other
Corporate Finance team (FP-A, Global Services, Controllership, US Consolidation, IA-C) What you bring to the team
• A minimum of 2 years relevant financial and business analysis experience is required
• A high level of integrity and ethics
• BS/BA in Accounting/Finance; CPA/MBA desired
• Experience in multinational and relevant industry sector preferred
• Computer literate, good analytical skills with good business acumen - advanced MS
Excel skills required. Anaplan a strong plus.
• Experience driving business solutions within a MS Excel and MS Access environment;
developing compilers to support large dataset analysis
• Excellent communication - written, verbal, and analytical
• Highly motivated and can work under pressure with tight deadline
• Working knowledge of US GAAP, and or IFRS
• Capable of dealing with management in country and various locations
• Confidence in dealing with matrix management structuresOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge