Meet our Team
SHORT INTRO TO THE TEAM - SAMPLE BELOW
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
Job Title Admin Assistance for Sydney office, HR and Legal - Compliance
Reporting to Direct report to Office Manager
Indirect report to Human Resources Manager, Australia and New Zealand
The primary role of the Office Administrator based in Sydney is to provide effective administration support to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Australia/New Zealand organisation. Specifically this role provides administration support to both the Human Resources and Legal and Compliance functions, as well as office administration support for the Sydney office. From time to time this role may also take on special projects or tasks to support the Australia/New Zealand organisation.
In addition, this role provides limited executive support to nominated managers on location whilst maintaining a high level of discretion.
Human Resources Administration
• Oversee the on-boarding process for new hires across Australia and New Zealand to ensure an efficient and consistent commencement with Hitachi Vantara. This includes:
o Sending out a Welcome Email.
o Assisting managers and local office administration with set up prior to commencement and post commencement.
o Compiling new hire paperwork from HR folders and Talent Acquisition for Sharepoint personnel files.
• Coordinating and facilitating new hire orientation program in the Sydney Office.
• General HR administration including preparing and filing miscellaneous employee letters.
• Create and maintain Personnel Files in accordance with company policy as well as archiving as required.
• Point of contact for general HR queries and redirecting or escalating as necessary.
• Liaise with suppliers and vendors to coordinate seminars and training courses including room set up, attendee lists, participant materials and invoice processing.
• Manage email distribution lists, including the timely addition and removal of staff.
• Update organizational charts quarterly
• Manage annual leave emails for compulsory end of year shutdown
• Employee benefit administration eg spouse insurance and superannuation enrollment.
• Assist in coordinating and supporting special projects as necessary.
Legal and Compliance Administration
• Management of the legal inbox: Duties include execution of contracts, agreements, and other documents in accordance with policy.
• Obtaining appropriate approvals and signatures as required for contracts, agreements etc.
• Electronic registration of all agreements - filing of all original contracts
• Point of contact for all agreement numbers, certificates, and other legal documentation, as well as queries relating to completion of new agreements or tenders.
Office - Facilities Administration
• Manage facilities inbox for payment of rent, parking and other office invoices
• Process payment of invoices which includes the creation of purchase requisitions as well as the initial set up of new or existing suppliers within our procurement processes and systems
• Maintain Office Carpark Registers for various offices.
• Assist with coordinating of office events and functions.
• Provide general administration support to the office and management team on an as needs basis - this may include scheduling customer meetings or to assist with preparing a tender or proposal.
• Point of contact for various administrative requirements for our remote offices (Perth, Brisbane - New Zealand).
• Ad hoc reception cover when required.
• Provide limited executive support to nominated managers which may include diary management, travel arranging and expense management
• Previous experience in a Corporate environment or similar role.
• Previous experience in a role where high levels of confidentiality were required.
• Excellent Microsoft Team, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness to learn and to identify and improve activities through eliminating duplication and streamlining processes.
• Able to use initiative and work under minimal supervision.
• Able to exercise discretion and to maintain confidentiality with the highest levels of integrity.
• Able to take ownership and responsibility for the role with a positive "can-do" attitude.
• Able to easily adapt with changing environments, new processes etc.
• Follows through on commitments and maintains a high attention to detail.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge