Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are seeking for Engineering Manager:
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Manages and coordinates technical development team for services offering creation. Manages a team of technologists who evaluate and address technical feasibility , design optimization, and production issues. Works with the Offering Portfolio Manager to devise a prioritized execution strategy that is in alignment with the corporate strategy and revenue commitments. Works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy to support the technology stack. Ensures that project/department/budget milestones/goals are met. Requires 10 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor with an additional 3-5 in a management position. Bachelors degree in a related field required.
Additional responsibilities include:
• A minimum of 6-8 years of 'best-in-class' product development
• Subject Matter expertise in Manufacturing, Storage, Cloud or IT operations.
• Big company training/discipline with entrepreneurial mind-set to deliver in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
• Drives team meetings to ensure offering launches are on schedule, within cost targets, and delivers the features described in the product specification.
• Develops and maintains relationships with the IoT community to ensure Pentair is aware of emerging technologies. For instance, engaged in technology circles as well as attend key trade show
• Excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. An aptitude to function within deadlines while working both independently and as a part of a team is essential.
• Strong leader, with the vision and motivation to elevate the function and organization.
• Proactive, rather than reactive, in mentality and execution.
• Detail-Oriented - Takes pride and initiative in one's work. Is well-organized, meticulous, and takes ownership of projects. Precise and demanding in flawless execution.
• Requires Strong collaboration and project management skills encompassing Engineering, Operations, Services and Sales Enablement teams.
• Organize and facilitate stand-ups, release and sprint planning, reviews, demos and retrospectives
• Accountability for planning and delivery of GTM projects, across customer experience strategy, experience design and technology delivery in a highly agile and collaborative, fast paced environment
• Plan for, execute and manage team communications, including executive level consulting
• Drive the GTM Team, Technical team in an Agile development process
• Create project plan, control and manage scope
• Manage cross functional and third-party dependencies
• Introduce PMO values and practices. Guard and shield the team from distractions and interruptions from external interferences
• Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions
• Promote and participate in the continuous improvement of structure, processes, tooling to enable the teams to deliver more value
• Encourage your team to push the envelope on what's possible and applying pragmatic approaches to building sustainable solutions
• Continuously look for ways to optimize and streamline the the escalation process.
• Organize and facilitate stand-ups, release and sprint planning, reviews, demos and
• Excellent communication and writing skills. (able to attend client meetings and speak with clarity, able to translate requirements into business terms etc)
• Bachelor's degree required (engineering degree preferred)
• Experience in Cloud, Microservices, Big Data, data analytics, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning
• Strong understanding of software development processes; storage/hardware/IoT experience is a plus
• Strong background in market analysis, product management, and/or marketing
• Excellent leadership skills and a solid business acumen
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.