As a Technical Writer you will create product manuals regarding the custom industrial automation machinery built by JR Automation. You will partner with project teams to ensure the accuracy of technical manuals including written, prints, pictures & video content. In this position you will report to the Documentation Department Manager
What You’ll Do:
- Create technical manuals using layout and graphics software to accompany machinery built in our facility
- Use cameras to create and maintain photographic and video references for machinery
- Communicate with project teams to ensure accurate documentation
- Ensure your documents meet project specifications
- Assemble hard copy and digital manuals and other documentation
- Write business correspondence to accompany documentation
- Write and ship revisions to documentation, as necessary
- Assist with general documentation and business unit tasks and activities
- Internal and external communications as assigned, including but not limited to, reference documentation, newsletter, marketing and ISO procedures
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree (technical writing, with a concentration in science, engineering, or applied technology preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Exposure to industry (automation and/or manufacturing) and technical communication strongly preferred
Skills You’ll Have:
Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask wearing, and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
- Good technical writing skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro, etc.)
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology.
Come think, solve, & create with us!