Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
Primary responsibility would be to provide Network Operations support globally. Along with seeking a Network Engineer who can design and deliver cutting edge solutions in a hybrid network environment with an emphasis on using the cloud not only for compute but also for moving networking technology forward. We want the person in this role to have a passion for rethinking everything and embracing software defined solutions in the LAN, WAN, Data Center F5 and Cloud, driving automation throughout the network service stack and increasing efficiency and reliability of delivered services.Responsibilities
• Engineer, design and deploy network services and solutions based on business, strategic, and technical requirements
• Develop infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT groups
• Deploy solutions starting with the proof of concept and continuing through full deployment and support transition to Operations teams
• Identify, recommend and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts
• Find and recommend new and innovative products, services and solutions
• Drive innovation and automation across the network and enable other teams to do the same
• Act as an escalation point to Operations teams and a mentor to other Network Engineers
• Strive for quality and customer satisfaction in the projects assignedQualifications
•Minimum 8 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD-WAN technologies and F5
• Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, PaloAlto
• Demonstrable experience in designing, deploying, maintaining cloud deployments, AWS, Azure, GCP. Cloud certifications preferred.
• In dept understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, HSRP, VDC, 802.11, 802.1x, SNMP
• Expertise with F5 LTM - GTM load-balancer configuration and APIs (TMSH and iRules)
• A firm understanding of networking concepts - protocols at all layers: TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP, SSL etc...
• Hands-on experience deploying - configuring F5 LB
• Significant experience with supporting and maintaining F5 Big-IP load balancers to include set-up, maintenance, upgrades and replacement of the latest generation of F5s
• Extensive experience with Big-IP LTM and GTM modules in a large shared environment
• Demonstrate an ability to craft and understand iRules
• Experience with TCPDump, Wireshark and analyzing network traffic
• Experience in custom SSL, ciphers, and LTM traffic performance optimization experience with supporting and maintaining wireless networks
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Design of application aware networks leveraging solutions that include SD-WAN (Cisco Viptela), SDN/Data Center and SDN/LAN and the associated orchestration and control tools.
• Experience with deploying NFV and automating enterprise network tasks and services is a plus.
• Advanced level experience working with Cisco IOS- NXOS, routing/switching and WiFi
• Advanced level experience working with identity-based network authentication mechanisms (Cisco ISE, 802.1x). ForeScout experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with cloud connectivity models for Enterprise extension. Specifically AWS, Azure.
• Familiarity and experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, and network optimization/acceleration
• Experience in capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies
• Hands on experience using network simulation, automation and scripting tools
• Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as HP OV, Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
o Hardware: Cisco, Palo Alto Networks,
o Software: Cisco Viptela, IOS/NXOS, PAN-OS, SolarWinds, LiveAction