Meet our Team
Work individually or as part of a team to provide technical support, account co-ordination, problem determination assistance and installation support to Hitachi Vantara Customer base and Sales/SE organization. What you'll be doing
• Timely and logical solution of mainly storage, file and content technologies and associated infrastructure problems
• Providing problem management through the support management tools and interfacing with the local country teams and Global Support organization
• Performing preventive maintenance according to recommended routines and procedures.
• Installation of new equipment and field modifications, using written instructions
• Providing timely advice or assistance on technical matters
• Ensuring high levels of Customer satisfaction for assigned Customers
• Observing equipment down-time reporting procedures and complete site documentation, as directed by superior
• Understand the responsibilities and fulfil the associated actions required by those elements of the Quality System, as defined in Hitachi Vantara Policies and Procedures, appropriate to the job function
• Identifying opportunities for improving Customer care, whether internal or external to Hitachi Vantara, and initiates actions using the appropriate improvement process
• Communicates with customer on an ongoing basis on all aspects of service support
• Primary escalation point for the customer on any support related issues
• Customer facing representation of Hitachi Vantara support methodology, all support related reporting between Hitachi Vantara and customer, SLA and SLO control, etc.
• Applies ITIL best practices for Project Management and Change Management.
• Maintains a complete understanding of the service and of the customer's state, identifying opportunity and up selling areas.
• Supervision and control of partner installation and preventative maintenance activities including planning and scheduling
• Tracks the Installed Base of the customer and verify it with internal team including new orders data management on the management tools together with Account Manager
• Monitoring and management of Customer Service Request governance for Country specific services KPIs
• Manage Independent Service Provider ecosystem and relationship including periodic reviews
• Manage and involve customer support requests in case of any escalation, onsite intervention may be required
• Acting as Service Delivery Manager for some customers which are agreed by Management Team
• Acting as CS&S representative in front of customer to improve customer satisfaction by visiting with account team in case of any escalation request
• Other duties as assigned by manager What you bring to the team
• Preferably holding a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in support, engineering, professional services or other field/delivery teams for major IT vendor or VAR/VAD as Storage Support Engineer.
• Preferably ITIL certification and other project management methodology expertise.
• Knowledgeable of major storage vendor support structure, on-line support tools/systems, knowledge databases and escalation procedures.
• Knowledge of applicable Hitachi Vantara products
Technical Experience Required (not limited)
• Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP)
• Hitachi Network Attached Storage (HNAS)
• Hitachi Content Platform (HCP)
• Hitachi Data Ingestor (HDI)
• Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge