Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Job title Service Account Manager
Reporting to Customer Service Manager Australia & New Zealand OVERVIEW
The Services Account Manager (SAM) is a key role within Hitachi Vantara (HV), acting first and foremost as the single point of contact between HV's service organization and its largest accounts. The SAM role drives value for both the customer and HV by proactively addressing customer needs and developing a strong relationship with key individuals in the customer's organization. RESPONSIBILITIES
While the priorities for the SAM role vary to some degree based on customer, the primary responsibilities of the role remain consistent. As the single point of contact, SAM responsibilities range across the entire customer lifecycle, from pre-sales and implementation to escalations and other service-related issues.
• Single point of contact: Own his / her role as the Management contact and escalation point in relation to delivery of all HV services. Proactively sharing updates and information, both of a technical and non-technical nature, with the customer on a frequent basis.
• Relationship development: Build networks through outreach and establishment of new relationships within the customer organization, extending beyond just the primary points-of-contact. Additionally, maintain vendor relationships for all products deployed within the storage infrastructure (e.g. disk, fabric, software
• Meetings and reporting: Organize and conduct regular meetings and communications with key teams / individuals at each account to review account and status, and ensure that customers get the customized reporting they need. Ensure customer satisfaction with service delivery.
• Solutions assurance: Ensure the solutions being sold, installed, and implemented at the customer's site fulfill the customer's needs. This includes ownership of the solutions assurance process, coordinating and managing implementation consultants and overseeing the Solutions Assurance Document (SAD).
• Service escalations: "Quarterback" escalations by owning the coordination of customer meetings, communicating with the customer, and aligning the logistics of the escalation team with the customer's internal team. Facilitate a smooth handoff to the escalation team by proactively staying on top of all issues while having the necessary data prepared and ready to share.
• Rebuild after escalation: Complete and review incident report detailing the sequence of events, the root cause of the incident, lessons learned and actions to be taken. Engage in all post-mortem communication to the customer with a focus on rebuilding trust. Solicit survey feedback from the customer and drive the implementation of any needed changes.
• Sales and pre-sales involvement: Be a full participating member of the account team, responsible for keeping the team apprised of customer developments and insider information to maximize growth opportunities. Attend and facilitate regularly scheduled internal meetings with other members of the account team, and participate in external sales meetings. Continually seek further opportunities for HV products and services and inform rest of the account team.
• Domain expertise: Be Hitachi's internal expert on the customer's system, service history, and current and future business objectives. Ensure that pre-sales, sales, implementation, and service teams have the customer knowledge they need to operate, and guarantee that any proposed solution fulfills the customer's business needs. Maintain understanding of the products, services and solutions to be supported by HV.
• Pre-install and implementation: Own the account support plan, including details for how the account is serviced and supported. Coordinate and manage a smooth install for the customer and provide them with timely updates throughout the process. Work with CS&S engineers, Resource Management and Global Support to ensure that all incidents relating to installed storage infrastructure and to HV service delivery are managed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Account safety net: Develop and implement an account safety net for each customer. Put steps in place to proactively identify issues in their nascence and identify opportunities for automation around critical customer support and updates.
• Routine maintenance: Assume lead responsibility for delivery of maintenance support services for each account. Manage and coordinate CEs to ensure routine maintenance, break-fix, and communication is conducted in a timely manner. Ensure Customer is aware of new microcode releases & engineering changes. Coordinate the activities of third-parties supporting HV at the customer as required.
• Continuous Improvement: Identify and follow through opportunities for improving customer care, whether internal or external to HV. Identify and address proactively any issues impacting the effectiveness of HV support. EXPECTATIONS AND GOALS
The SAM role will have internal and external goals, including both individual goals and general HV benchmarks for the role. To some degree, the SAM will set their own goals, while others will be set by HV management.
Many goals will be based around key metrics for the SAM role, which the SAM is expected to track and know on a regular basis. These metrics are based around the following areas-- though there may be additional areas:
• Customer satisfaction
• Customer relationship building
• Account service readiness
• Escalation response
• Sales success EXPERIENCE AND SKILLSET
The SAM role is a hybrid - it is critical that individuals have both account management and technical leadership skills. Just one skillset is not enough to succeed in this position. If a SAM has a strong background in just one skillset or the other, training may be required to get the individual confident and capable in both areas.
• Account Management Skills
The SAM needs to be comfortable reaching out to new people within the customer's organization and establishing connections. Merely maintaining existing points-of-contact is not sufficient. The SAM must be able to proactively maintain existing connections deepening and strengthening them. The SAM role is not a sales role, but the SAM must be comfortable in sales meetings and other sales situations, and be able to discuss products, services, and solutions with the customer.
• Technical Leadership Skills
The SAM must be able to communicate technical details, both internally and with the customer to do this, the SAM must understand the customer's system from a technical level. Being able to communicate technical details will be key for establishing credibility both with technical experts inside HV and with the customer. Furthermore, the SAM needs to be able to put technical specifics into non-technical language for those who are less technical in the customer's organization. This includes understanding HV-specific terminology and communicating it externally.
Additionally, the SAM must have a strong knowledge of the storage industry, products, and solutions. They must have the technical ability to build customer facing reports, create implementation plans, coordinate installs, and monitor product health throughout escalations. A SAM should be comfortable pulling technical data from a customer's system as well as monitoring trends or irregularities in the data.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.