JR Automation is looking for a Technical Trainer in our Auburn Hills, MI location. The Technical Trainer is responsible for preparing customer training plans, syllabus, manuals, and any additional training materials that may be required. The Technical trainer will then be responsible to deliver this training onsite at the customers facility or locally at JR Automation/Esys.
What You’ll Do:
- Demonstrate and promote a commitment to JR Automation/Esys Core Beliefs
- Provide training for plant Electricians, Mechanics, and Operators, etc. on JR Automation/Esys custom built automated equipment
- Prepare educational material such as training plan, syllabus, and Training Manual, etc.
- Interpret engineering data and convert the data into a language and level of detail that end users can utilize and understand
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding of technical documentation
- Prepare presentations by evaluating text, graphics and binding; coordinate printing when required
- Acquire subject knowledge by interviewing project engineers, applications engineering and/or project managers, observing performance of production methods, or referring to technical specifications when necessary
- May assist mechanical engineering and or project engineer in the creating and maintenance of technical manuals outlining the use of JR Automation/Esys machines; manuals must be completed to the customer specification and timeline
- Understand and effectively employ the JR Automation/Esys Quality Management System (QMS)
- Travel to customers and/or suppliers may be required and may include extended travel depending on project and resource requirements
- Travel to other JR Automation/Esys locations may also be required
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive. It is, however, intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience providing training on automated equipment in the automotive sector and/or 3+ years of experience of formulating, designing, and developing technical documents for a manufacturing environment (in lieu of a technical degree as described below)
- BA/BS degree in technical communication, writing, or an engineering discipline (required if no related experience)
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!