Role Title: Procurement Manager
Function: Planning for self-improvement on procurement compliance and sourcing support
1. Supplier Sourcing
- Supplier Sourcing for Steel Automation/ Oil & Gas Solution/ Railway/ Indirect materials.
- The Manager should have sound and practical knowledge on supplier sourcing which can be applied to multiple industry to support P2P staff in Business Unit.
2. Implementation of common master agreement and review of contract
- Implementation of common master agreement
- Hitachi group already has common master agreement but this is not implemented in our company yet. The Manager shall take initiative to implement common master agreement template into suppliers on both of direct/indirect material. The Manager should understand fully on Hitachi common master agreement and should take control of interaction with Finance department and Legal dept.
- Review and approval for supplier contract on direct/ indirect materials
- The Manager shall be involved in contract approval process to check that contract condition is aligning to Hitachi common master agreement conditions to secure procurement compliance. *Commercial should be taken care by Business Unit side.
- The Manager shall conduct self-audit for Hitachi India on both of direct/indirect material.
- It will be based on sample audit for approx. 30-40 POs on 1 time/year.
- The Manager will select samples, analysis by collecting supporting documents, conduct interview for each sample and make report of audit.
- Audit criteria shall be provided from VIG which is based on the Internal Audit Office in Japan HQ.
- Education for New Comer
- The Manager shall conduct education session for new comer of Hitachi India (30 min/session, 1-2 times/month, material is prepared by VIG).
- Periodical Education for HIL member
- The Manager shall create education material on procurement compliance to make awareness for employee of Hitachi India (60min/session, 1time/ 6month)
5. Process Revision/ Continuous improvement
- The Manager shall review the current procurement process including P2P process, supplier onboarding process/supplier due-diligence, contract process, etc.
- The Manager shall create revision/improve plan and expertize together with Finance department, Legal department, and Business Units.
- This is essential function of the Manager to maintain self-improving system on procurement compliance.
6. BCP report
- The Manager shall be aware of incident/disaster which might impact on Hitachi Group Companies in India and report to Procurement HQ in Japan.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in any engineering stream or principle desirable (Electrical Engineer).
- Strong English language (written and verbal) skills.
- Japanese language (N3 class)
- Business experience as Buyer and Sourcing (10 years and more)
- Sound knowledge and business experience on supplier sourcing,
- Thorough understanding of procurement compliance and audit
- Ability to set up/revise process to solve procurement problems.
- Strong leadership to review and improve the existing procurement process to achieve best in class quality and efficiency.
- Strong ability of negotiation with multiple stakeholders.