Meet our Team - Enterprise Information Security
Hitachi Vantara seeks a passionate and talented Senior Vulnerability Management Lead to join our Enterprise Security team and partner with Hitachi Vantara business groups to best understand the organization's needs and how they relate to our global information security posture. In this role you will report to the Director of Enterprise Information Security and will be responsible for executing security related projects and programs.
You will be working very closely with the IT Services and Product teams to assess our security, make recommendations, and suggest solutions.
The Senior Vulnerability Management Lead supports the activities of the Enterprise Security team which is responsible for identifying, prioritizing and eradicating vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks throughout the Hitachi Vantara environment. This role will be responsible for testing the design and effectiveness of security controls of Internet systems, networks and applications within the Hitachi Vantara environment. The Senior Vulnerability Management Lead will be required to perform hands-on, basic ethical hacking tests of all facets of the Hitachi Vantara environment.What you'll be doing
• Perform comprehensive vulnerability assessments and continuous monitoring across the organization.
• Manage the entire lifecycle of vulnerabilities from discovery, triage, advising, remediation, and validation.
• Recommend approaches for addressing vulnerabilities include system patching, deployment of specialized controls, code or infrastructure changes, and changes in development processes
• Develop and present on remediation and mitigation plans to address systemic issues and root causes identified during and between projects.
• Lead cross functional project calls and planning sessions.
• Provide Vulnerability Management (VM) team information on the emerging Enterprise vulnerability landscape, in collaboration with the Information Security Operations team
• Perform complex security related testing, creating test cases, performing manual and automated tests, reporting on problems encountered and documenting test results for follow-up. What you bring to the team
• Minimum 3 years hands-on experience in either: vulnerability management, security assurance or penetration testing
• Experience with securing public cloud deployments and distributed systems using public cloud hosting, including GCP, AWS or Azure.
• Experience in an information security related field (cyber risk), prior experience with Qualys or other vulnerability scanning and patching tools is preferred
• Certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GIAC or similar
• Extensive ability to transform technical concepts into usable documented material for non-technical users Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge