Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Manufacturing/Quality Engineer (Summer Internship) ROLE:
Supports continuous improvement utilizing sound engineering principles. This position incorporates the established and evolving goals and objectives of WF Management into each aspect of project work guided by the company's priorities. This position also develops and implements projects to reach safety, quality, delivery, and financial goals set by Management. RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Assist in the continuous improvement of machining processes and support systems utilizing standard engineering principles and practices.
- Generate detailed mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings for systems and equipment.
- Designing, generating CAD drawings, and assisting the assembly of equipment.
- Assist with the proper operation of equipment.
- Direct contact with plant maintenance, production and engineering.
- Conduct meetings and gather input.
- Support company project crews and obtaining & directing outside contractors.
- Obtain accurate information and relay it to others in the form of drawings or work scope information.
- Assist in incorporating the best available safety and ergonomic features into all processes.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- CAD/3D modeling skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical components such as cylinders, motors bearings etc.
- Understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Understanding of engineering principles.
- Must acquire knowledge of safety policies/procedures for all departments.
- Ability to work as part of team as well as solo projects with minimal guidance
- Minimum of 2 completed years in related field of study (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
- Be 18 years or older.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess necessary computer skills, spreadsheet, and word processor.
- Demonstrate mechanical drafting knowledge to accurately communicate design intent.
- Ability to improve processes through machine improvement and automation.
- Problem solving.
- Possess and demonstrate leadership ability to include the following:
- Policy adherence
- Respect for workforce
- Positive attitude
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.