Company DescriptionAbout Hitachi Solutions Europe:
Hitachi Solutions Ltd. understand what it takes to digitally transform organisations, harnessing the power of the latest technologies and seamlessly integrating them into businesses. As a global consultancy firm, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, working with the private and public sectors, we specialise in user-friendly business applications based on the Microsoft cloud.
As a core member of Information & Telecommunication Systems Company of Hitachi Group, Hitachi Solutions are a team of experienced industry professionals, consultants and technology experts, with a wide range of capabilities including digital transformation, CRM and Finance implementation, data science & analytics and low code applications. Our highly skilled team help drive improvements to many aspects of business creating efficiencies and growth.Our competitive advantage:
We strive to be our customers most valuable and trusted partner every step of the way. Through our talented people, innovative culture, and technical and business expertise, we compel powerful results and outcomes that improve our clients' businesses and help them better compete and succeed in today's digital world. Our high-skilled team pride themselves on supporting the delivery of continual success and innovation to the organisations we work alongside.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we are 100% dedicated to their mission to revolutionise modern business and solving complex challenges with the very best innovative solutions. As a nationally managed Tier 1 partner with over 40 Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards, we have a strong technical relationship with Microsoft that leads to unmatched delivery excellence.
This position comes with a competitive salary, and our standard benefits package. Job Description
- Ensure effective governance is applied as agreed in the project charter and propose any necessary improvements. Including:
- o Effective commercial controls process
- o Effective RAID management process
- o Effective Deliverable tracking and Traceability of project artefacts
- o Effective project financial management
- Ensure that the project/programme is complying to Hitachi internal governance processes
- Ensure the project plan is consistent and up to date; Escalate to the project manager and project director of any non-compliances
- Responsible for making updates to detailed large Microsoft project plan(s) as and when requested by the Regional Project or Programme Manager
- Build relationship with client Project management team and help define governance processes.
- Manages project support functions for the team including logging, tracking and reporting of project actions, issues and risks
- Responsible for producing project reports, and circulating project reports as per the schedule
- Provide guidance on the standard methodology tools/templates to be used by the project team
- Support the creation of the relevant Azure Dev Ops environments and LCS
- Support the Regional Project or Programme Manager in the creation of a revenue recognition estimate or time and materials invoices in accordance with the published schedule
- Responsible for producing KPI reports as per the published internal schedule
- Responsible for liaising with resourcing team on resource requirements for their specific projects, and either securing the necessary resource, or escalating to the Regional Project or Programme Manager in the case of a resource conflict or shortfall.
- Ensure that the standard methodology tools and templates are made available via Teams
- Manages the project library on Teams
- Ensures that the approved standard project control procedures are followed on the project
- Records and distributes actions (and minutes where agreed in project charter) at meetings when requested by the Regional Project or Programme Manager
- Maintains the project contact list and holiday calendar, ensure holidays are managed with minimum impact on the project activities
- Mentors and develops Junior members of the team
- Create and maintain Dynamics 365 project structures to support the project ongoing basis
- Actively avoid requirement for WIP adjustments by communicating with project team and performing timesheet checks.
- Compliance with training objective requirements as advised by Hitachi University Training Agenda or the Human Resources function.
- Policy compliance with specific emphasis on Hitachi Solutions Europe Ltd's Export Control Policy;
- Ensure policy compliance for self and project team regarding Hitachi Solution Europe Ltd's Timesheet & Expense Policy.
- Statutory compliance with respect to export compliance legislation & GDPR requirements.
- Certification compliance with any ISO certification(s) held by Hitachi Solutions Europe Ltd.
- Compliance with the Hitachi Group Code of Conduct
- Accountable to the project manager or programme manager, and reporting to the Regional PMO Leadership.
- Project Assurance Consultant is accountable to ensure the project/programme adheres to the Hitachi best practice and agreed programme governance policies and processes documented in project/programme charter
- The Project Assurance Consultant will be accountable for one or more projects depending the size and complexity of projects.
- Ensure that all internal published controls and processes are followed
- Ensure that all internal project reports are prepared and distributed as per the published schedule
- Ability to build strong relationships with client and Hitachi team members
• Good understanding of project governance best practice
• Excellent organisational skills
• Team player with positive attitude
• Pro-active nature with attention to detail
• Ability to produce high quality and professional written documentation including project reports and presentations slides
In applying for a role with Hitachi Solutions Europe Limited and/or its affiliates ("Hitachi") you consent to Hitachi collecting and storing your personal information (including your name, job title and email address) in relation to this role and any others that may be suitable in the future. For more information please refer to our Privacy
Policy located at http://www.hitachi-solutions.co.uk/privacy-policy/