Meet our Team
We are the EMEA Total Rewards team of Hitachi Vantara, part of Global Total Rewards that operates in EMEA, APAC and Americas, responsible for a holistic framework of financial and non-financial rewards that reflects our strategy to attract, motivate, and retain employees. Our team is responsible for building and maintaining best in class compensation and benefits offering for our employees across the region, working with dedicated vendors and ensuring our programs are market competitive and based on best class market practices. What you'll be doing
You will be a part of Global Total Rewards team that operates in EMEA, APAC and Americas and will be reporting to EMEA Total Rewards Director. You will support development of Hitachi Vantara's compensation and benefits agenda across 20+ countries in the region.
You will provide technical and analytical support as well as subject matter advice to the business managers and HR. Your job will also require analysing and manipulating complex datasets and ability to translate unstructured information into meaningful business decisions. This position requires daily contact with broader HR team as well as with Finance, Legal and management including executives.
The successful candidate in this role should enjoy highly analytical work and problem solving in a dynamic environment, with the ability to own and prioritize multiple assignments and changing priorities.
What you bring to the team
- Support design and delivery of Total Rewards programs, contribute to continuous improvement of benefits and compensation processes and policies for EMEA to ensure compliance with regional regulations
- Support delivery of cyclical TR activities such as year-end and mid-year comp processes
- Coordinate the pay benchmarking activities, maintain EMEA compensation ranges, and job evaluation to ensure our ranges are competitive in the markets we operate in, and help attract and retain our talent
- Participate in and lead on various regional/ global projects to deliver Total Reward agenda e.g., developing reward structure, managing the job matching process, working with external vendors on market data projects
- Analyse internal and external compensation and benefits trends and data to enable business decisions
- Partner with Brokers and internal stakeholders to provide support in delivery of EMEA benefits (healthcare, welfare, and retirement)
- Resolve escalated queries from Shared Services relating to Total Rewards programs and policies, ensure that all reward processes are documented
- Support company's incentive plan process for EMEA countries as well as the ongoing development and transformation of Total Rewards systems and tools
- Manage participation of annual salary and benefits surveys
- Manage cyclical reporting i.e. annual Gender Pay Reporting, Annual Pension analysis,
- Provide support and advice to the wider HR community
- Bachelor's degree in business/relevant disciplines, combined with 5+ years of international experience in Total Rewards, preferably in technology sector
- Result oriented and collaborative approach with demonstrated ability to proactively identify and manage complex problems in the job area; strong problems solving skills
- Strong project management/planning skills with the ability to multitask effectively and prioritise workload
- Strong analytical skills including excel modelling, advanced MS office and attention to details,
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work successfully both as a part of the team and independently on own initiative
- Understanding and awareness of compensation and benefits trends in the region and globally
- Understanding and experience with developed HRIS - preferably Workday, working knowledge of Total Rewards systems and tools: Payscale MarketPay, WorkDay, Dartican, job evaluation methodologies
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge