- Candidate must become thoroughly familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of the project.
- Directs and reviews the overall planning of project activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Determines and reviews budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. Manages and reviews the assignment of manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals.
- Leads the team to achieve all cost and schedule objectives while keeping alert to possible problem areas and takes preventative action to ensure that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project.
- Provides and presents project status reviews to client.
- Prepares and/or reviews cost and risk analyses and extra work claims for the client.
- Will be the primary contact and required to maintain a strong client relationship.
- A critical component to ensuring the project is performed to the standard safety and quality assurance requirements for the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous Project Management experience
- Experience working in mass transit industry projects preferred
- Working knowledge of safety and security, buy America regulations, train control systems, passenger vehicles, communication systems, communication systems, traction electrification systems, operation & maintenance of rail systems preferred.
- Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of five years of project management experience
- Previous Project Management experience working on rail industry projects preferred
- Experience in the following areas of project management: Customer management, scheduling, planning, critical path analysis, change order management, risk management, cost estimation, and contract negotiation.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.