Job ID: R0006405
Date Posted: May 24, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Telecoms Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Plan and execute design, configuration, test and commissioning activities
• Familiar with SOWs either subcontracted or delivered in house in a leadership or contributor capacity
• Identify, analyze and manage requirements
• Identify and resolve interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
• Architect and Integrate medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking and Radio technologies
• Prepare Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecoms subsystem
• Participate in products selection
• Create Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
• Comfortable with medium to large size projects.
• Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, terminology and trends in communications engineering including the fields of radio frequency allocations, electromagnetic wave propagation, and radio frequency field strength measurements and tolerances.
• Knowledge of fiber optics, computers, digital communications processors, servers, programming, applications, software, and hardware related to radio communications.
• Exposure to Passenger Information Systems technologies.
• Extensive working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
• Extensive experience with network architecture design
• Working Knowledge of network design patterns, constraints and protocols (CCNP or equivalent certification required)
• Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
• Working knowledge of wireless communications in demanding scenarios
• Prior Experience with RAMS deliverable
• Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
• Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
• Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
• Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
Education / Qualifications
• Knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
• 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.