As a QMS & Continuous Improvement Consultant you will report to the Director of PMO (Project Management) and utilize Lean Six Sigma tools to drive initiatives within the organizations. Responsibilities include providing structured problem-solving options and illustrating measured results. You will demonstrate the ability to lead teams that will improve processes & eliminate waste. You will also have ownership of the company QMS (ISO 9001 - Quality Management System).
What You’ll Do:
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Plan, develop, and execute Continuous Improvement activities within the assigned Business Unit utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools & other business tools:
- Assist in the prioritization of initiatives
- Establish measurement criteria, quantify targeted results, and identify anticipated benefits
- Improve processes by eliminating waste
- Maintain Esys’s database of continuous improvement activities
- Lead cross-functional teams to the successful completion of continuous improvement initiatives by:
- Generating clear problem statements/gap analysis
- Involving affected functions within the company to ensure their ideas and concerns are considered.
- Identifying actionable metrics and benchmarks to track improvements
- Training and empowering each team to lead projects and work to share best practices with other Business Units
- Providing motivation, focus, and direction to team members
- Preparing and presenting regular updates summarizing project results
- Evaluating and ensuring project effectiveness
- Ownership of the company QMS (ISO 9001 - Quality Management System)
- Write and maintain company processes (QMS, procedures, work instructions, forms, references, flow charts, etc.)
- Conduct, or assist in conducting QMS (ISO) audits (formal & informal)
- Encourage the use of QMS throughout the organization
- Train / mentor others (manager individual contributors) in Lean Six Sigma tools and methods with emphasis on problem identification, establishing base lines, and root cause analysis.
- Coach / mentor individuals at all levels of the company who are engaged in process improvement, problem identification and solution implementation.
- Look for and anticipate the need for improvement and serve as a catalyst for change.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across all business functions and all levels of the organization. Earn the trust and respect of fellow team members
- Help maintain a teamwork culture company-wide through example, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training.
- Review performance data to measure productivity, efficiency, and utilization to determine areas that need improvement.
- Drive process improvements in the organization and work area to optimize efficiency
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products.
- Assist and coordinate activities for PMO.
- Preparation of reports as related to continuous improvement, QMS, or PMO (project management office), as needed.
- Serve as in-house consultant for Lean Six Sigma
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of experience deploying Lean Six Sigma, including experience in both direct and indirect (transactional) processes.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and / or SME Silver Lean certification, Black Belt certification highly desirable.
Skills You'll Have:
- Have led multiple continuous improvement projects and / or formal Kaizen events.
- Must have the ability to become proficient in company systems, process, and tools (SAS, MS Dynamics, etc.)
- Experience in custom engineered solutions businesses or factory automation is ideal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and related software
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and initiatives with varying priorities.
- Experience with writing business processes and procedures
- Experience conducting training classes is desirable
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 is desirable
Esys Automation is a leading full-service automation solutions provider to the automotive industry with locations in Auburn Hills, Sterling Heights & Pontiac, Michigan. For the last six years, Esys has been recognized as one of the Top Work Places according to the Detroit Free Press. Our teams enjoy a level of autonomy and responsibility that promotes innovative thinking, excellence and a sense of ownership. Established in 1999, Esys was acquired by JR Automation in 2018.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!