Job ID: R0007604
Date Posted: May 25, 2023
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: HITACHI RAIL STS CANADA, INC.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Systems Engineer Integrator who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, ON Canada.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Integration of project designs to ensure all obligations of the contractual Specifications are satisfied;
• Coordinating and supporting the integration of project designs with the designs developed by external civil works contractors;
• Coordination of interfaces with third parties.
• Support definition of Concept of Operations for the project including identifying operational scenarios and use cases
• Support definition of System Architecture for the project (logical, functional, and physical architectures)
• Support scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customer
• Support System Requirements effort and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
• Support decomposition of System Requirements to lower-level elements and work with the engineering teams to ensure proper allocation
• Serve as the project’s cross-functional technical interface between product development, engineering, manufacturing, verification & validation, commissioning, and RAMS teams.
• Identify, define, control and manage system interfaces
• Acquire deep understanding of subsystems provided by external suppliers and ensure compatibility at system level
• Support Project Engineering and Systems Engineering Manager in all technical decisions
• Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
• Support project integration committees (client, civil companies, and third parties) as company representative
• Support Customer design review and internal design reviews
• Support lab, factory, and field testing
• Define impact analysis for proposed changes to the system and support System Configuration Management through the whole lifecycle
• Ensure compliance with company processes
• Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc. standards.
• Minimum 10+ years’ experience as lead systems/design integration engineer for Engineering System Applications
• Ability to acquire deep understanding of new technologies with minimal guidance
• Ability to communicate complex ideas to peers, management, and customers in a simplified manner
• Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
• V-lifecycle, System Architecture, Requirements Management, Configuration Management, Interface Management,
• Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
• Deep competency in interactions between mechanical, electrical, and software components in complex electromechanical systems
• Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, requirements management systems, product lifecycle management systems, defect tracking tools, and software configuration tools
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Career Experience - Greater than 15 years of experience in design of rail transit systems;
• Role Experience - Greater than 10 years of experience as design team lead of passenger rail transit systems; and/or Greater than five years of experience as design team lead in bid phase; AND Experience leading a multi-disciplinary design team on multiple project examples;
• Project Type - At least one passenger rail transit project example with the following characteristic: Design of a GoA4 Metro and/or design and specification of an Operations, Maintenance and Storage Facility
• Delivery Model - At least one passenger rail transit project example was delivered using a similar delivery model as the Project;
• Project Size & Contract Value- At least one project example that includes the integration of a metro system of greater than 12 kilometers in length;
Prefer Expertise in any ONE or more of the following:
• Systems Integration
• Power systems including traction power and medium to low voltage designs
• EMI / EMC system integration and validation
• Telecoms and Network designs
• Automated control design and development systems
• Conventional signaling control designs
• CBTC (Communication based train control) systems and designs
• Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience, but not required
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Prior experience collaborating with a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple geographic locations
• Professional Engineer certification for Ontario
> Clear Background Check (Criminal)
• Bachelors or equivalent technical background.
• English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/