Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. The Role
The Configuration Strategist provides internal support to external Field Sales & Pre-Sales teams delivering specification of the required configurations for solutions offered to customer, direct or indirect T1/T2 business in EMEA. The Configuration Specialist has to maintain a high level knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions and products, both Hardware and Software, to excel in the technical configuration requirements.
You will work closely with Sales, Pre-Sales and other stakeholders in your daily routines, while being part of a direct team of 22 other people across 6 locations in EMEA.
What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Responsible for solution configuration within Hitachi Vantara Quoting systems while meeting the defined Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain high level knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, product components and configuration requirements and competitive awareness with market developments.
- Assist with the early adoption of new product technologies by including solution components within configurations whenever applicable.
- Communicate performance characteristics of configuration to field sales.
- Work with field sales personnel to proactively identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions to increase field sales productivity.
- Min. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field desirable.
- Prior experience directly related to IT data center systems and data storage an advantage.
- Background in supporting field sales personnel desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative.
- Language: Local language based on job location is desired. Business proficiency in English is required. Third language appreciated as the role covers geographical region EMEA.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.