Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies. Job Description
As Senior Contracts Counsel, you will have a key role as part of the company's legal team, supporting executives, sales directors and consultants in the review and negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts, including master services agreements, statements of work, data protection agreements, business associate agreements, non-disclosure agreements, review of external client policies and procedures, subcontractor agreements and vendor agreements.
You will also:
- Advise internal clients with respect to the legal policies and the implications of proposed contract terms.
- Maintain communication and good working relationships with both internal clients and clients of Hitachi Solutions.
- Train internal clients on relevant legal issues, policies, and processes.
- Collaborate with the legal team to share best practices, implement risk management strategies, updated templates, and further define Hitachi Solutions' policies and procedures.
- Your work will be fast-paced and dynamic, often time-sensitive, but will continuously challenge you to learn and grow in both your legal skills and in your experience with global information technology companies.
- Law degree with excellent academic credentials and a member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- 8+ years of experience in law firm practice or in-house practice with an emphasis on technology matters involving information technology agreements, statements of work, data privacy and related agreements.
- Business-oriented problem-solver who strikes the appropriate balance between facilitating business transactions while managing risks.
- Demonstrated capabilities in working independently, managing tasks to completion and delivering high quality results while handling multiple assignments.
- Exposure to master service agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, or other commercial agreements with complex intellectual property, licensing, privacy, indemnity, and liability issues is required.
- Ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations across multiple time zones.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to clearly and concisely express contract issues and analysis.
- A strong desire to learn the commercial and technical business of Hitachi Solutions to better identify and manage risks while working to close commercial transactions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.