Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
The Solution Principal is the visionary architect in the Hitachi organization, delivering creative technology solutions in the Microsoft Azure cloud environment. The Solution Principal is part of the Azure delivery team, working with the Sales team and driving the technical sales process from solution inception through project implementation for Azure (and other cloud environments), Dynamics, and Office365 solutions. The Solution Principal works with our clients to discover and analyze requirements in order to develop a Solution Scope of Work with the client, sales, and implementation teams. This role should be capable and comfortable in communicating with IT leadership and the C-suite, with the demonstrated ability to translate business needs into technical architecture, development standards, and data & process governance. This is a hands-on position in a dynamic, demanding environment.QualificationsDuties and Responsibilities
- Work with Hitachi sales and delivery teams, and with our customers' technology teams, to understand customer requirements, and translate them into innovative cloud solutions leveraging Hitachi's core capabilities.
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external teams in order to estimate the scope of work associated with a cloud solution.
- Assist in conducting meetings with customers and prospects. Take a leading role in exposition and information gathering in areas where you have knowledge & experience.
- Assist in the creation and presentation of final customer documents (for example: Statement of Work, RFP, Proposal presentation decks).
- Contribute to ongoing refinement of communication pieces, templates, and processes for the Solution Principals team.
- Aggressively identify where standard work and automation can accelerate discovery, communication, and solution identification.
- Support customer satisfaction by actively facilitating open and effective communication across customer business units and functional teams.
- Support internal engagement through open and effective communication across HSAL practice areas and marketing & sales teams.
- Hands-on experience working at a high level in Application Architecture, Data Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, and Security.
- Azure skills highly preferred, including provisioning, configuring, and developing solutions.
- Azure Distributed Data Processing of data warehousing, big data batch or streaming pipelines.
- Azure Application Architecture including web/mobile application development, REST API development/management, authentication, authorization, service bus integration, containerization, and DevOps automation.
- Azure DevOps including Git, agile project management, pipeline development, unit testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Specific, relevant, large-scale experience is desirable in one or more of the following areas: Azure Data Platform - including (but not limited to) Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse, Analysis Services, Databricks, & Power BI.
- Azure Advanced Analytics and IoT - including (but not limited to) Delta Lake, Stream Analytics, Databricks, Python/Spark, Spark libraries.
- Azure Infrastructure - including (but not limited to) VMs, Firewalls, Virtual Appliances, VNets, Subnets, NSGs, VPN, Gateways, Load balancers, HA/DR configurations.
- Azure Application Development - including (but not limited to) App services, App Gateways, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Service Bus and evening infrastructure, containerization, authentication, authorization, ORM tools, and service-oriented architecture.
- Dynamics - Common Data Services.
- Ability to express complex technical and business concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to work independently & coordinate projects with a geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a self-directed learner.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- 5 years experience doing enterprise architecture or similar, for a technology consulting firm or direct employment at a large ($1B or greater) corporation.
- 5 years project management experience on complex, multi-location teams
- 5 years experience working with cross-functional teams and heavily matrixed organizations
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.#LI-BA1#REMOTE