Hitachi Rail STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Construction Quality Manager as we are expanding and currently bidding on new business opportunities. The position will be part of the full-cycle of the project duration. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- The Construction Quality Manager is an integral part of the construction team and will be responsible for developing, maintaining and executing the Construction Quality Management Plans (CQMP). The CQMP is to include the following as key sections plus additional elements as required:
- How the Project intends to manage the Construction Activities in compliance with the ISO 9001 Standard, Project Quality Manual and Project Agreement. Confirm that a quality product is delivered that conforms to contract requirements and meets the needs of the customer.
- Requirements, Plan, Execute, Assess, Measure, Monitor, Continual Improve, Lessons Learned Cycle.
- Methods that will be implemented to support all aspects of quality management within a project; at minimum, these aspects include Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Deliverable Acceptance, and Process Audits.
- Activities the Project team will pursue to ensure quality in the processes by which construction and installation are delivered.
- Project auditing - techniques, procedures, documents.
- Organizational chart identifying key individuals and other key personnel responsible for ensuring quality along with their relationship with the Project (Responsibilities, qualifications, and authority of the above personnel and the organizational interfaces between those responsible for).
- Process flow diagrams for all design processes, including but not limited to the Project works schedule, inspection, testing and monitoring, design support and involvement during construction, assessment of constructed works, and acceptance by the design professionals responsible for all Project elements and components, materials identification and traceability, external quality audits of Project parties responsible for construction, control of “issued for construction” drawing mark ups to reflect the as-built condition including capture of the reasons for any changes from the issued for construction documents and any necessary authorizations and the preparation of as-built drawings and record drawings.
- Report to the Project Manager and Construction Manager on the progress and status CQMP and executable contents.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant and experience in rail transit Projects centered about quality of construction and installation.
- Applicable Standards and Certification knowledge (ISO, IRIS, CMMI, CENELEC).
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of transit systems re: Toronto, Ontario, National, and Global.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- Auditing Standards (ISO 19011) and techniques.
- Able to meet deadlines and successfully handle pressures associated with site construction works.
- Ability to effectively interface with, present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, peers and third parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective partnering and teaming skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical fields (Engineering or Other) or related experience (Combination of education and work).
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Providence of Ontario is desirable.
- Professional affiliations, certificates, or awards is desirable.
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.hitachirail.com/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.