Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Construction Manager as we are expanding and currently bidding on new business opportunities. The position will be part of the full-cycle of the project. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.”
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
- Manage the localized project construction and installation team and associated activities.
- Manage the construction and installation of technological systems for the Project(s) assigned within the constraints of cost, schedule, scope, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
- Manage all subcontractor scopes and contracts.
- Define and maintain a Project installation schedule throughout the life of the Project to include heads for construction and installation.
- Ensure the coordination and supervision of all site activities including civil and technological works in accordance with the Approved Installation Plan.
- Ensure compliance with the Approved for Construction Design and the management of any non-conformances in accordance with the Quality Plan.
- Represent the Project at site coordination meetings with the Client and liaise with various project entities, third parties and/or stakeholders
- Identify and implement recovery actions to maintain the delivery plan in accordance with the Contract.
- Lead the interface coordination efforts for site activities with other site stakeholders and Fixed Facilities Contractors, (FFC’s) as required for timely completion of the Project
- Report to the Project Manager and VP of Construction on the progress and status of work, forecasting risks and opportunities and reporting any deviations of scope, schedule, cost or quality to the Project Manager to maintain the commercial position of the Project
- Provide constructability reviews of plans and specifications to evaluate scheduled activities and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, and coordinate the availability of requisite equipment
- Confer with, and direct personnel and sub-contractors with respect to interpreting specifications and executing safe work methods.
- Manage all aspects of the Projects on-site presence including safety, security and site access for visitors and sub-contractors.
- Coordinate with the Commissioning Manager for handover of the installed system and subsequent test, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Support Engineering and Project Management for the timely processing of changes and release of revised plans to expedite progress of the work.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- 10 to 15 years of relevant and experience in rail transit projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing sub-contractors of various tiers and key stakeholders on projects.
- Knowledge of the specifics attendant to Design-Build projects.
- Excellent understanding of Project Management techniques, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and successfully handle pressures associated with site construction works
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, peers and third parties.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential business information.
Construction and installation management of rail transit systems or other complex systems in urban environments.
- Cost Estimates, Contractual Claims, Cost Analysis, Cost Control, Feasibility Studies, Contracts, Variation Orders.
- Effective Partnering and Teaming skills.
- MS Project and/or Primavera P6 Scheduling tools.
- Construction Management software.
- MS Office tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical fields (Engineering, Construction Management or Other) is preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Providence of Ontario is desirable.
- Professional affiliations, certificates, or awards is desirable.
- Written and spoken English proficiency.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/