Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Controls/Electrical Engineering Technician ROLE:
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, and systems. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with production to troubleshoot and improve existing electrical systems. Must have good understanding of production urgency.
- Maintains and repairs electronic controls, Allen Bradley SLC 500 and design logic programming, set-up and program various AC/DC drives, servo drives, bar code reading devices, vision systems, and temperature control devices and senor's.
- Modifies electrical systems to correct functional deviations.
- Provides assistance modifying new and existing machinery to make it safer, more practical, increase efficiency, and more robust.
- Participates with installation of electrical systems utilizing knowledge of electrical principles, hand tools, and measuring instruments.
- Provides technical assistance and resolution when electrical or problems are encountered.
- Collaborates with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Plan method and sequence of operations for developing and testing electronic equipment.
Associates degree (A. A.) from two-year technical college or university; or specific applicable certifications. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with power distribution (480 VAC three phase) motor controls, also low voltage controls.
- Experience in computer control systems and PLC programming (RS based) and AC/DC drives.
- Knowledge of high voltage switch gears and troubleshooting of electrical and relay logic circuits.
- Methodical troubleshooting skills utilizing root cause analysis concepts.
- Solid work history.
- Good oral communications.
- Understanding and following instructions.
- Problem solving.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Positive work attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work without supervision.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.