Work-style designation: Onsite
NOTICE: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. (“HTA”) requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All new hires will be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to their start date and will need to receive the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on or before January 4, 2022, or no later than two weeks prior to their start date with HTA, unless they request and receive a medical or religious accommodation.
The Supervisor of Production Planning will manage and oversee areas such as resource planning, production planning, production scheduling, inventory control, and logistics management. Additionally, will implement strategies to improve production process to best meet business demands.
- Create and maintain master production schedule based on business priorities, inventory levels, and staffing capacity that is most cost effective and meets delivery dates.
- Supervise the direct hourly production employees, including training and evaluation of employees.
- Manage daily operations of the production team to ensure quality production and maximum efficiency; adjusting production schedules based on business demands and available resources.
- Use SAP/S4HANA and EXCEL software to track inventory, production, deliveries, and prepare shipments as required. Additionally prepares reports and conducts audits as needed or requested.
- Identify and communicate potential problems relating to inventory, production schedules, and/or production quality issues; and recommend best strategy to ensure timely deliveries and/or minimize the impact to the customer.
- Assist with actual hands-on production process, including testing and troubleshooting issues. Additionally maintains production equipment and conducts required checks as required.
- Schedule domestic and international outgoing shipments of finished goods to customers based on delivery schedule and/or as needed. To includes preparation and /or verification of shipments, completing required paperwork, labeling, and documentation.
- Oversee warehouse and general logistics of incoming and outgoing shipments while ensuring safety procedures are followed and a safe work environment is maintained.
- Prepare production planning, forecast reports or analysis, as needed, or as requested.
- Maintains material master in EXCEL and S4 HANA SAP system to include entering and creating new materials and transferring materials, creating new part numbers and associated BOM, and modifying as needed. Additionally, will maintain master list of part numbers.
- Oversee safety and environmental activities, to include training, conduct audits, ensure OSHA requirements followed, and participate in Corporate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) committee.
- Regularly communicate and work with all levels and departments within division.
- Other duties as assigned based on needs of business.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in technical field preferred, but not required
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years’ experience within supply chain operations field, such as production planning, materials management, logistics in a manufacturing production type environment.
- Solid understanding of the entire production process.
- Previous experience with management/supervisor responsibility of hourly employees
- Experienced with logistics, materials management and production planning software applications utilizing Excel, S4 Hana, or other similar software systems.
- Minimal (than 5%) domestic travel on rare occasion maybe required.
- Position is required to be onsite during normal business hours Monday- Friday.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and strong willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, but maintain communication as needed with internal staff.
- Ability to work with multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Strong computer skills especially in EXCEL and S4HANA or similar SAP system.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels and departments of the division, as well as with external vendors/suppliers and customers.
- Ability to follow and enforce required safety and environmental.
POSITION - SAFETY RISKS AND HAZARDS
Warning: Due to the nature of the work environment, this job may require working on equipment or in work areas where electromagnetic frequencies may be present from some of the equipment (intensity may vary) which could possibly interfere with certain medical implants or devices. If you have questions, contact Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]