Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
This position will require a self-driven approach with the ability to effectively collaborate and communicate across multi-functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, commercial, support, and services to drive awareness and adoption of the solutions across Hitachi Vantara and its customers. This individual is responsible for driving communication across various development and GTM teams to ensure delivery timelines are met. The ideal individual is a team player who wants to innovate and grow while contributing to cutting-edge technology solutions and while processing in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners, and stakeholder management.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases.
- Oversee early adoption projects and perform project management responsibilities as needed.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders to ensure successful product releases and customer adoption.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally.
- Participate in discussions for "Continuous Improvement" activities. Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales, and delivery content among the Automation Professional Services community.
- Infrastructure Operations Assessment to address LOE reduction requirements, based on automation development and implementation.
- Listen to customer needs, understand their challenges, articulate the overall services solution and subsequent implementation plan to customers in terms they comprehend.
- Achieve timely completion of milestone tracking for governance, pricing, training, and back-office work-streams to ensure solution offering GTM and marketplace success.
- Review and document regular reporting, meet with teams and assist in the identification of gaps and/or blockers to milestones and outcomes.
- Work closely with business partners to understand business and functional requirements to align resources and prioritize appropriately.
- Lead oversight of day-to-day Project and Program control of a cross-function team.
- Collaborate between geographically dispersed cross-functional teams including Product Management, Service Engineering, Service Delivery, Managed Services, Support, and Global Pricing.
- Liaise between all business/tech/product owners utilizing portfolio systems and reporting to ensure clear communication and understanding of data and upcoming forecasts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Hitachi Vantara products, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices.
- Establish highly visible and positive awareness of the service offering in the marketplace.
- Commitment to 25% of travel
- 5 years of experience in Product OR Program Management
- 5 years of experience in Solution Design or Architecture
- A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science or related field is a must.
- PMP Certification is a strong plus
- Strong project management background with specific experience with meeting aggressive timelines
- Risk management framework and reporting
- Strong technical background with a firm understanding of computing and storage hardware platforms, operating systems, fabric interconnects, DevOps pipeline development, and the DevOps life cycle
- Strong background in IT automation, experience with Hitachi Automation Director, is a plus but not required; experience with other automation platforms; Ansible, Terraform, Chef, and Puppet, strongly desired
- Self-motivated with an inquisitive / problem-solving mentality, who can take ownership of a subject
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- AGILE Development Methodology, experience required
- Team management and negotiation
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients
- Ability to effectively collaborate across (virtual) teams, time zones, and cultures
- Ability to perform under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to manage conflict and redirect it towards team focused success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort in both business and technical forums
- Self-starter with the aptitude to function effectively in a very large organization
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge