Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
This position sits in Hitachi Solutions America's Azure Cloud Enablement (ACE) Division in the Data & Analytics (BI/DW) practice.*****Please note: Position is Remote / Virtual / Work-from-home (no travel expected) and you MUST reside in, and be authorized to work in, the US; H1-B transfers accepted.
- 8+ years of overall professional experience including at least 4 years hands-on experience working in Data Architecture or Data Science or combination.
- Azure skills are required with at least 2 years in Microsoft Modern Data Estate (ADF, ADLS, SQL DW/Synapse, Databricks and Power BI); other BI/DW experience is a plus; and, experience with other Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, PCF, etc are a plus.
- Solid understanding of database structure principles.
- Hands-on experience using MS SQLServer is required; other RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, Teradata or similar are a plus.
- Experience with Distributed Data Processing of big data batch or streaming pipelines.
- Familiarity with PowerBI is highly desired; other data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, etc.) are acceptable.
- Experience with Data Modeling & strong analytics skills in Analytics.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Attitude and aptitude are of high importance at Hitachi, we are a very collaborative group.
- Microsoft Azure certifications are a big plus; and, we'll keep existing ones current and/or get you additional ones.
We would like to see a blend of the following skills:
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse (SQL DW/Synapse)
- Azure Data Factory (ADF)
- Azure Data Lake (ADLS)
- Azure Analysis Services
- Synapse Analytics
- ADF or Synapse Pipelines
- Python or Scala (Python preferred)
- Design conceptual, logical, and physical data models using tools like ER Studio, Erwin or other modeling tools
- Power BI
- Database migrations from legacy systems (on-prem) to Azure cloud solutions
- DevOps experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.