As a Project Coordinator you will track project key performance indicators (KPI’s), monitor processes and assist with administrative tasks. We take a disciplined approach to project management, clearly defining objectives, timing, and critical elements to ensure success. The Project Coordinator will also take on production control related responsibilities such as monitoring the processing of released parts into the ERP system and add/change/modify as change releases are requested, and concerns are brought up from the Supply Chain group.
What You’ll Do:
- Project Execution Process (PEP) deliverables tracking, Toll Gate adherence and overall process compliance.
- Administrative aspects of projects including job closing, milestone payment tracking and invoice package preparation, Accounts Receivable aging follow-up, project communication board updates, etc.
- Verifying accuracy of costs charged to projects (expense reports, Fab & Machining, labor hours, etc.).
- Reach out to suppliers/purchasing on items such as purchase components, hot items, and Fab & Machining details for accurate delivery times.
- Follow up on non-conforming material recovery plans with Fab & Machine and other vendors. Track project cost recovery.
- Coordinating critical dates of customer visits, customer part receipt tracking, project team travel, vacations, etc.
- Possess and demonstrate leadership skills to build key relationships with the project teams.
- Acceptance and sharing of best practices and lessons learned. Continuously improving the JR Project Execution Process (PEP).
- Understanding of basic project details and continuous concerns throughout the project to update pertinent information in multiple areas (Job Track, project boards, etc.).
- Support and adhere to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (ISO 9001).
- Assist with assembling information and/or drafting PowerPoint presentations for monthly program reviews.
- Ability to travel to various business units within JR.
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Monitor the configuration of the projects in the ERP system and assist Project Managers as needed if there are issues with the automated project creation procedure.
- Review and/or finalize configuration and approve Part Masters for assemblies and parts that have been pushed into Epicor by engineering on an as needed basis.
- Manage ongoing changes to Project BOMs in Epicor throughout the life of the project and modify existing Manufacturing Jobs or create, schedule, and release new manufacturing jobs.
- Provide daily monitoring and input to the scheduling process and take other corrective actions as warranted to maximize on-time delivery of parts, assemblies and ultimately, projects.
- Be a key go-to resource on how to execute and correct day-to-day problem that arise while executing in the Epicor ERP environment.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associate degree or applicable on the job experience.
- At least two-years’ experience in a manufacturing business setting.
- Experience working with ERP systems (Epicor experience is a plus).
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Skills You’ll Have:
Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask wearing and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy of work with the ability to take on full ownership of work.
- Strong organization skills and flexibility to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to become proficient in company systems, processes, and tools.
- Technical/Engineering and mechanical aptitude highly preferred.