COVID-19 Vaccination Notice: Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. ("HTA") requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All new hires will be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to their start date and will need to receive the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on or before January 4, 2022, or no later than two weeks prior to their start date with HTA, unless they request and receive a medical or religious accommodation.
Remote Working: 90% Onsite / 10% Remote
DIVISION: Metrology and Analysis Systems Division
WORK LOCATION: San Jose/Bay Area, California
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 70%
Job Title / Level: The best fit person selected for this position will be offered a job title/level (Field Service Engineer I, Field Service Engineer II, or Senior Field Service Engineer) that is most appropriate after evaluating the person's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be spending 75% of their time in the field. The FSE is responsible for routine service calls, preventative maintenance (PM) and installations of basic equipment systems. He/she will receive general instructions on normal daily work and more detailed instructions on new assignments. The FSE is required to attain additional trainings on specific models within their area to continually develop knowledge on general product lines. The FSE is required to effectively interface with customers and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and managers.
- Responsible for addressing all service-related issues at customer sites
- Perform system installations at customer sites
- Provides user training during new equipment installations and other scheduled user training as needed
- Provides training to new FSEs as needed
- Maintain appropriate records of all work performed and training received
- Responsible for completing all field service documentation utilized for tracking system reliability and customer billing
- Complete all assigned formal training with a grade of eighty (80) or more on the test(s)
- Complete all assigned on-the-job training (OJT) with instrument certification
- Answer service calls and return messages from customers in a manner meeting service department policies
- Set and keep appropriate schedules for service on the assigned equipment
- Complete all required administrative tasks in a timely manner, i.e., timecard, expense reports, assigned trainings, etc.
- Participate in required training in order to attain knowledge on specific models or product lines
- Effectively interface with customers as well as maintaining a positive relationship with management and others
- Comply to company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- AS degree in electronics (or related fields) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- BS degrees in Electronics Engineering is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuitry as applied to our equipment
- Experience using digital volt meters, oscilloscopes, hand tools and computers
- Basic knowledge and understanding of physics and chemistry
- Demonstrate ability to follow general instructions
- Demonstrate ability to perform semi-routine service calls (emergency service, PM’s) on one or more models of instrumentation (measured by instrument certification)
- Demonstrate ability to perform acceptance testing and give Basic user Training on selected instruments
- Experience disassembling and assembling intricate parts as related to selected instruments
- Willingness to travel up to 70%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Able to work from schematics using various test equipment and mathematical calculations specific to electronics
- Must possess electronics, mechanical and computer skills
- Must possess equipment-specific operation skills.
- Ability to provide preventative maintenance and basic emergency service on several instruments within a product line
- Ability to install equipment and perform acceptance testing on specified instruments
- Ability to give basic customer training during an installation
- Ability to provide basic billable emergency service
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, service department personnel and others
- Ability to effectively communicate information to customers and manager regarding service activities and schedules.
- Ability to manage and maintain traveling inventory according to department policy and procedure
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence
- Must be able to be insured by HTA’s insurance company
- Must be eligible for and receive company credit card
- Portray professionalism and pride in appearance while conforming to policy
- Protect and maintain company property (i.e., traveling inventory, company car, test equipment, tools, etc.)
- Able to travel up to 70%, sometimes with very short notice
- Ability to see small objects within a confined area
- Ability to identify and distinguish color-codes
- Ability to transport parts and toolbox from car to equipment site
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]