Job ID: R0008315
Date Posted: Mar 28, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS Canada, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior System RAMS Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Mississauga, ON.
• Development of Safety Analysis Documentation of systems and products [Safety Plans, PHAs/O&SHAs/FTAs/FMECAs/SHAs/SSHAs/Hazard Logs/Safety Cases], including human factors and usability analyses
• Development of RAM Analysis Documentation of systems and products [RAM Plans, RAM Demonstration Plans, Preliminary RAM Analyses, Final RAM Analyses, Maintainability Assessments
• Assisting in the development of RAMS projects schedules providing Project RAMS Managers with guidance as to the inputs required for RAMS tasks and expected durations for RAMS tasks.
• Providing guidance to the engineering teams on implementing safety and reliability into their application and product designs
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• 5-7 years of Engineering experience
• Experience in implementing the CENELEC Standards EN 50126, EN 50128, and EN 50129 as tools for RAM and Safety Assessment
• Familiar with MIL-STD-882, FTA Guidelines, and the AREMA Standards for RAM & Safety Assessment
• Working knowledge of Windchill or equivalent tools for RAM and Safety Assessment
• Self-driven and motivated and accountable for actions and efforts in regards to safety assessment
• Skilled in reading and interpreting electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
• Experienced with the terms MTBF, MTBSF, MTTR, Availability, MTBHE, SIL, Vital, and Mission Critical
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Proficient knowledge of railroad signaling concepts and a background in safety assessment of railroad applications and products
• Experience in Human Factors Analysis.
Education / Qualifications