Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
We are looking for a passionate, creative, analytical, and experienced Business Intelligence Developer who loves data, is curious to explore, and who wants to impact business decisions.
Responsible for the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing/analyzing database schemas, designing, coding T-SQL objects, and creating database optimizations where applicable. The ability to quickly translate business requirements into effective database solutions will be critical to the candidate's success. The successful candidate will participate in the implementation of solutions that employ leading-edge technologies.
To be successful in this role you must be driven, self-directed, and focused on delivering the right results. You also need to have strong skills in written and oral communication, a can-do attitude, and the willingness to tackle hard problems in innovative ways. You must also thrive in a team environment that values cross team collaboration and building on the success of others.Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for supporting and implementing Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) projects for our customers.
- Understanding of BI, data analytics, and database concepts
- Proven experience with data warehouse tools/databases
- Subject matter expert on SQL querying, SSRS and SSIS
- SQL Server skills including SQL objects development, performance tuning, data analysis and integration
- Implement data security whenever required.
- Maintain reports and knowledge of all types of reporting formats like charts, tabular, matrix, and others.
- Ability to understand complex business processes and applications which read/write to various databases.
- Oversee and support the Design, Development, and Implementation of Data Warehousing, Reporting and Analytics solutions that deliver information efficiently, with the end goal to solve business challenges and achieve business objectives.
- Develop data models, ETL packages, OLAP cubes, and reports utilizing SSMS, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS applying best practices through the development lifecycle.
- Prepare documentation of source-to-target mappings, data dictionaries, and database design.
- Identify areas of improvement to optimize data flows.
- Organize and deliver knowledge transfer to clients.
• Minimum 4+ years of experience with Power BI.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Ecosystem, including but not limited to Azure SQL and cloud data solutions such as HD Insight, Databricks, SQL DW, Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
• Experience in building and maintaining Workflow Tools and Technologies
• Adept in developing, publishing, and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements,
• Experience of 3+ years and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
• Strong experience with transactional SQL, relational databases, and automation of data manipulation
• Advanced skills in SQL, Microsoft Excel and other BI/reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
• Solid knowledge in SQL, security standards, BI tools, ETL tools and Microsoft/Azure specific technologies.
• Ability to implement cloud-based data ingestion (ETL vs ELT) solutions
• Build the data pipelines in Azure Data Factory (ADF) for the data lake. Design and develop BI solutions for the team.Additional Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.