Summary of the position:
The Director of Commercial Sales, Direct Channel will drive sales adoption and expansion across under penetrated market areas. The role will collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive initiatives and bring teams together for success to deliver on expectations for growth. This role will provide sales enablement of direct sales teams, focusing on solutions-based sales strategies. This role reports to the Vice President of Direct Sales and the position can be based out of our executive office in Chicago, Illinois; alternatively, the position can work remotely within the continental USA.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build a Commercial Sales organization able to grow business in underpenetrated markets
- Develop high impact collaborations with stakeholders from Distribution Management, Direct Sales Operations, Marketing, and others to help define and execute a sales strategy for under-penetrated market areas.
- Hire and direct to the sales process, including collaborating with the company owned branches in qualifying the sales roles needed for successful market expansion.
- Mentorship and coaching the sales team to a high performing team of individual contributors and people managers, and create an environment in which the direct sales team feels guided and supported to perform to the best of their abilities
- Assist in key account relationships directly, where necessary
- Ensure delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals and manage a revenue forecast as well as progress against agreed performance metrics for assigned direct sales team members
- Combine data-driven influencing and decision-making with a people-first approach to building a high-performance culture for the direct sales team and business
- Adhere to sales business rules, practices and policies for your teams and at all times
- Manage multiple sites/teams to ensure team members maximize their performance in assigned markets
- Collaborate with site leaders in the creation of business plans for market growth and expansion to further focusing on growing market presence with product and aftermarket solutions offerings and direct service in assigned territories with clear and measurable goals and tasks
- Update senior management with sales results during regular review meetings
- Transform / drive change in the organization and the way business is conducted within the organizations for direct channel sales, developing a culture of pro-active sales, strategic selling, customer service excellence and customer management
- Ensure a culture with a high level of customer centricity, including flexibility for quick customer response, transparency for resolving issues as they happen
- Continue to grow the sales team in partnership with Recruiting, with a focus on building a diverse bench of talent
- Ability to travel to perform site visits to company-owned locations and accompanying on sales calls is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the compressed air and gas industry
- 5+ years of Sales management experience
- 2+ years of experience managing managers is desirable
- Detailed and extensive knowledge of developing or providing direct sales training
- Successful track record in sales-driven environments and superior leadership skills
- Experience must include Sales management in a direct to market environment
- Experience or comprehensive understanding of solutions-based sales process
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with strong desire for serving customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Direct Field Sales team, as assigned
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.