Front End Developer Location: Hyderabad Experience: 6-10 years The Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
Hitachi Vantara is seeking to hire an experienced Front-end Engineer to join our Catalog Engineering Team.
Hitachi Vantara's Catalog Engineering team plays a critical role in developing next-generation technologies that automate the management of data and creation of knowledge. Our products need to handle information at massive scale across banking, capital markets, retail, energy, and healthcare.
You will work in a truly international distributed team with main hubs located across three continents: United States, Europe and Asia.
We are looking for a smart, creative, self-motivated, hands-on, and intellectually curious individual who can take and effectively turn UX requirements into production quality solutions. REQUIRED SKILLS
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of hands-on web application development skills using ReactJS and jQuery.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, in Computer Science or similar disciplines.
- You should have proven experience programming for front-end development.
- You should be comfortable and experienced in working with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others.
- You will be required to implement software at a high level of quality and take responsibility for major components of the product.
- You should also have the ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code.
- An appreciation for developing smooth seamless user navigation experiences with attention to run-time error handling which delivers informative messages to the user.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with REST APIs and/or GraphQL and querying database systems and displaying result sets at scale.
- Experience in delivering projects under Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in developing & deploying applications using containers or Kubernetes clusters.
- Can help and guide team members with technical issues
- Experience working on AWS, GCP or Azure cloud platforms
- Familiarity with micro service architecture design principles
- Familiarity with sensitive data management and compliance related issues.
- Experience with SAAS deployments
Qualifications Any Engineering Graduate
- You will work closely with fellow engineers, Front End UX designers and Developers, to deliver Hitachi Vantara's next generation catalog products. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing clean, responsive, efficient Node.js code using the React framework, Material-UI, and jQuery
- Translating visual UX/UI designs and wireframes into runtime front-end code that delivers the visual experience of an application
- Developing front-end solutions on top of high-performance and distributed backend systems
- Using code management system (Github), issue trackers (Jira), Marvel, wiki and Teams for sharing and discussing ideas.
- Building high quality reusable code and libraries and user facing component library & features
- Working closely with designers to deliver the best possible user experience
- Reviewing and recommending product user experience workflows and elements relating to application features, visualizations, and business rule management
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.