About Hitachi ZeroCarbon
Hitachi ZeroCarbon incubates and scales new products and businesses for Hitachi that address the world’s most challenging social and environmental challenges. Combining 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT, we harness Hitachi’s broad capabilities to deliver cutting edge AI and IoT solutions in the core areas of transport, energy and sustainability.
Our latest venture is ZeroCarbon Fleet which delivers full turnkey solutions for commercial bus and van fleet operators who are converting to electric vehicles (EV). It is a digital business, unlocking customer value and reducing carbon emissions through data, advanced analytics and a set of digital products for optimising vehicle charging and other aspects for EV fleet management.
We currently require an experienced Product Manager to manage the ZeroCarbon Fleet software products. Working closely with teams across the business, the role will have overall responsibility for the success of our digital products and for managing the full product lifecycle.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Strategy Team to create a product strategy that is well-aligned with ZeroCarbon Fleet strategy, including build vs buy/partner decisions.
- Working with Product Owners to ensure there is a harmonised and well-structured Product Backlog across all our products
- Working with the Commercial Team to define the pricing and commercial model for the products
- Working with the Marketing Team to define the target market and do product launches and promotions
- Working with the Operations Team to ensure the products can be operated, monitored and maintained effectively in the live environment
- Working with the Sales Team to ensure they understand the product set, the value the products unlock for customers, their selling points etc.
- Working with the Procurement Team to select 3rd party software providers for products where it is better to partner rather than build
- Efficiently research and professionally present market-level insight, across vendors, competitors and the regulatory landscape to form recommendations for future products
- Liaise with customer-facing teams to illicit feedback from customer opportunities on business requirements
- Present and demo our products both to customers and internally to other Hitachi teams
- Collaborate closely with all of the Digital Product team to help foster an environment for the team to thrive
Skills & Competencies Required
- Strong experience and track record in a similar senior level Product Management role
- Significant experience in the full Product Management lifecycle
- Proven track record of successfully leading transformation initiatives, especially in terms of implementing a digital and product model
- Strong customer engagement and stakeholder management experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Experience and understanding of what it takes to operationalise objectives and strategy
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organisation and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Strong technical background, with demonstrated ability to partner effectively with business operations, programme management, engineering and user experience designers
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Ability to logically break-down complex problems into digestible components
- Ability to present complex ideas in Powerpoint, for internal and external audiences
- Exposure to agile delivery methods
- A good understanding of data science capabilities
- Strong leader, collaborator and team player
- Strong communication skills with comfort in speaking with business stakeholders
- Strong problem solver
- Passion to challenge the status quo and find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas – loves and embraces change
- Not afraid to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and seeks to go outside comfort zone to learn – pushes teams to do the same
- Passionate about working in social innovation, and in particular environmental sustainability.
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 5 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Dental insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health Screening
Along with a market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme, employees have the option to work flexibly in line with our hybrid working model and we would be happy to discuss this with you during the hiring process.