Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
The Technical Lead (TL) is responsible for leading a development team through all the stages of a project, from inception to delivery. The TL is the focal point of every technical decision in the project. In that role, the TL is required to interact with other business areas within Hitachi Vantara as well as customers. The TL works very closely with Project Managers and leads the delivery team through design, architecture, implementation, testing and deployment of Hitachi Vantara solutions into customer environments.
This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer and service operations business problems to reusable deliverables. Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology security is also a must. Responsibilities
- Proactively manages the development team, architecting technology related to automating Hitachi and/or multi-vendor storage and compute solutions.
- Provides vision to management on technology, tools and skills requirements.
- Leads prioritization of work and generates roadmaps with delivery dates for each relevant feature.
- Using solid technical skills, leads developers in designing the best possible solution for the problem at hand.
- Works closely with developers by performing code reviews and technical sessions to unblock them when they face a coding issue.
- Ensures code is properly tested.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to monitor progress, minimize issues to ensure delivery success customer satisfaction
- Listens to customer needs, understand their challenges, articulate the overall services solution and subsequent implementation plan to customers in terms they comprehend.
- Leads multiple projects, requiring effective time management and judgement based on the needs of the project.
- Functions as primary technical contact for all members of the combined Hitachi Vantara and customer team.
- Responsible for actively involving the customer to discuss and complete the engagement project readiness.
- Builds relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be Hitachi Vantara advocates.
- Understands system architecture of upstream and downstream impacts when implementing solutions.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of Hitachi Vantara products, administration best practices, and agile methodology best practices
- Bachelor's degree (Master's Preferred) or equivalent experience. 5+ years of IT architecture experience in a large enterprise capacity. 5+ years of combined DevOps experience with compute, storage, data security, database, ETL, and API development.
- Strong technical background with a firm understanding of compute and storage hardware platforms, operating systems, fabric interconnects, DevOps pipeline development, and the DevOps life cycle.
- Strong Object-Oriented programming knowledge, particularly advocating for proper use of SOLID principles.
- Substantial experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Prior customer-facing (internal or external) experience a must.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, required.
- Experience using agile development methodology.
- Experience with automation platforms such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef and Puppet is a plus.
- Strong project management background with specific experience with meeting aggressive timelines, highly desired.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge