- To review and approve all Power System Maintenance documentation received from the OEM suppliers; including Traction Power, UPS, Generators, low voltage, etc.
- To review and approve all Power System maintenance manuals and instructions
- To ensure that all modifications approved by the original design authority are reviewed by competent engineers and records of the changes stored in the MMIS database
- To review complex faults in the Traction Power equipment and to support or obtain expert support to rectify faults / defects
- Produce the Annual Asset Management Report for Traction Power Maintenance Equipment assets noting future CARP and potential areas of obsolescence
- Works closely with Traction Power and Facility Maintenance Section to ensure maintenance procedures and instructions are kept up to date and are being followed by maintenance staff
- Assists in developing, planning and implementing the department's overhaul and rehabilitation and replacement program.
- Conducts special studies and investigations and acts as a trouble shooter or special projects officer as directed
- Serves as the Expert and Engineer responsible for acceptance of new Power equipment Maintenance Equipment.
- Management of the accuracy of data and content in the MMIS system
- Part of the Incident / Accident Investigation team
- Role requires flexibility and efficiently which require shift rotation, weekends and holidays work typical of major infrastructure projects and operating transit systems.
- Participates in training programs as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Power System Maintenance Equipment
- Knowledge of other railway systems that interface with the equipment
- Power System maintenance processes including; preventative, corrective, overhaul and commissioning tests and putting back into service after overhauls.
- Study and review of the technical files of the Power System workshop equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to direct and motivate a multi-disciplinary staff to work as a team
- Strong organizational and planning skills Self-motivated, resourceful and have a positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a strong analytical mind and ability to work independently and in team environment with minimal supervision.
- Able to work under pressure during intense periods of activities
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.