The purpose of this position is to assist in processing and complete sales orders, addressing customer inquiries, processing quotations, and supporting customer relationships and sales growth. Key responsibilities of the role will be to provide outstanding customer service through interacting with customers, understanding their needs, and processing paperwork in a timely manner. An additional role of the position will be to work with the outside sales team to assess and understand sales opportunities, communicate on lost sales, and maintain the records and contacts of house accounts. Further this position will make decisions regarding service exchange product requirements, coordinate outside services to meet internal scheduling requirements, coordinate with the Purchasing and Warehouse to ensure that material availability meets scheduled job requirements, maintain work order details per inspection scope of work, close child work orders, issue child work orders to parent work orders and assist in achieving customer expectations with urgent projects.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inside Sales / Customer support (65%)
- Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE, adhering to company policy, and alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns. Safety is our #1 priority.
- Interacts with outside sales to process sales leads and active sales orders
- Provides support directly to customers and representatives through phone, or e-mail where customers are making inquiries or placing orders
- Conducts communication with customers offering and educating on product value and functionality
- Participate in sales training and product training sessions to maximize product knowledge
- Provide customer and billing reports as needed for accounting and management.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relationships with customers.
- Coordinate and communicate with respective HEPI team members on specific customer needs and sales and pricing opportunities
- Communicate with Field Sales, Product Management, Production, and Supply Chain departments to enhance our effectiveness of achieving sales goals
- Support and processes customer orders through the order entry system verifying pricing, confirming availability or lead times, quantities, part numbers, and routing.
- Assists customers with emergency orders as well as orders and/or issues relating to special customer requirements.
- Takes personal responsibility to resolve customer complaints regarding deliveries, pricing, credits, and warranty issues.
- Follows through quickly and completely to ensure the external or internal customer is satisfied.
- Create and/or update accurate records of customer communication and transactions in Salesforce to increase sales, establish data integrity, and ensure current customer contact information
- Maintain privacy of customer account information.
- Generate shop production orders and follow up to ensure sales order requirements are met
- Expedite and track jobs from sales order to delivery and monitor progress through the shop process
- Process paperwork and coordinate support for payment with our AR team
- Communicate timely with customers, informing them of deliveries and order progress
- Monitor sales order margins, and communicate required price adjustments or product specific pricing deviation requirements
- Prepare and expedite branch transfers as required
- Potential support for purchasing, receiving, and shipping duties and coordination to expedite orders
- Complete export control documentation process for international shipments
- Utilize Salesforce to assist in account management needs
- Prepare Excel, word documents as required.
- Utilize outlook for time management
- Assist with additional duties as required
House Account Developer (5%)
- Establish contact with accounts not currently looked after by a field sales person (Typically “house accounts”)
- Develop plan for introduction of appropriate products to these accounts.
- Involve Sales Manager to ensure proper support is being provided by HEPI team for customer needs
- Keep customers current in our Salesforce CRM.
Lead/Opportunity Developer using Salesforce (5%)
- Review targeted “opportunities” developed with Sales manager, and via Product Management.
- Use resources contained within Sales Force to market solutions to appropriate customers and prospects
- Maintain Salesforce marketing campaigns developed in conjunction with the Sale Manager.
- Help develop reports from Salesforce that will aide the sales team.
Co-ordinated Integration with Production (25%)
- Facilitate Production Meetings – with operations supplied information, reviewing service exchange inventories and determining the needs to complete or inventory incoming service exchange cores.
- Coordinate urgent customer needs through the production shops.
- Communicate with sales group and customer service on issues relative to Customer needs.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned.
Position will be required to make decisions that will directly impact the customers and sales team.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- At least one-year work experience or equivalent education is required.
- 5 years of inside sales experience required, preferably in heavy equipment or industrial sales.
- Heavy equipment parts experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in Mining, Forestry, Marine or Construction fields would also be an asset.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office, CRM, ERP, and Internet is required
- In Depth knowledge MS Office, Salesforce would be considered an asset.
- Basic understanding of Heavy Equipment and Industrial business is required