As a group, Hitachi is a leader in delivering technology-enabled solutions to meet organization's sustainability challenges and targets. We have proven solutions and experience in helping clients to rethink and transform their Operations and Value Chains to meet Net Zero targets and positive Social Impact.
Today we partner with companies across many industry sectors to deliver sustainable business change through energy management solutions. Hitachi Vantara is looking to leverage the wider Hitachi group portfolio of products and services to bring effective and innovative consulting led end-to-end sustainability solutions to our clients. As a result we have an opportunity for an ambitious individual to be the sustainability lead in the Hitachi Vantara Consulting practice. What you'd be doing:
As a Senior Manager in our Management Consulting practice, you will help clients to transform their operations to become more sustainable. You will have a strong understanding of how technology can be applied to help customers reduce energy consumption and their carbon footprint. You will have experience of advising clients at different levels of seniority on how to make effective change (e.g. CxO, Sustainability Managers, Production Managers).
Each project will be unique, you could be involved in a variety of engagements including (but not limited to) sustainable supply chain strategy definition, optimizing discrete business processes, or shaping how clients work with suppliers to reduce their emissions.
Whilst fulfilling personal career and personal growth ambitions, you will also contribute to developing our team. This could include refining our industry-leading tools/ methods/ offerings, supporting the publication of thought leadership, or contributing to the development and management of our team. You will also work with the wider Hitachi Vantara, contributing to our healthy pipeline by supporting sales proposal development. Day to day:
- Using your skills and knowledge to develop and deliver client propositions, based on the findings from site visits and sustainability assessments.
- Leading conversations on ways to increase environmental sustainability and reduce energy consumption through the use of technology and better ways of working.
- Building and commercializing relationships with our sister companies: Hitachi Energy, Hitachi SIBU (Social Innovation Business Unit)
- Delivering sustainability projects, leveraging the existing Hitachi portfolio of solutions and services
- Enabling colleagues in sales, consulting and delivery on your propositions on environmental sustainability issues, project approaches and techniques.
- Supporting practice development by managing the development of sustainability methodologies, techniques and tools and by creating a community of practice and authoring thought leadership;
- Enhance the credibility of Hitachi Vantara as a leading Sustainability Partner by speaking at internal and external events.
Meet our team:
- Experience in a recognized consultancy (Big 4 or similar) acting as a senior member of the sustainability team - shaping and developing consulting propositions and GTM
- Bachelor or Masters qualification in a relevant field, such as, Sustainability, Climate Change or Environmental Engineering
- Certifications or training relevant to sustainability, supported by recognized industry methodologies.
- Experience of Sustainability initiatives in one or more of the following industries - Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities, Transport, Retail & Hospitality and Financial Services.
We are proud to be a diverse, innovative, outcome focused and passionate group. We provide value resolving the most complex digital obstacles and issues. We are a highly professional, focused and inclusive team, who operate in a flat hierarchy, where everyone has a voice and is involved in creating the success of our practice. This is the team you we all have the opportunity to develop ourselves to the best of your abilities, whilst working on industry leading customer engagements Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge