Summary of the position:
The Director of Quality Assurance is responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of the company. The Director will champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Senior management and functional responsibilities in the company for the operation of our quality control process.
- Review present Quality Systems and create Vision, Direction and Strategies to be implemented to "re-commence" / upgrade to next level, especially from Customer/Supplier focus strengthening front and back-end operations.
- Ensure a Quality Management System is maintained to provide world class quality levels from the product design stage through manufacturing and is focused on process control in conjunction with lean manufacturing systems.
- Manage Quality Control, Compliance, Inspection, and Continuous Improvement Departments.
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools throughout Quality Management System and work with operations leadership to ensure processes which enable Quality to be cost effectively built into the product.
- Participate in the strategic business planning of the company.
- Provide customer quality assurance for the products and services of the company and assist in assuring the achievement of the optimum quality costs for the company.
- Formulate and document basic company quality policy and quality organization.
- Establish quality goals and supporting tactics in company business plans.
- Oversee all major quality-related decisions in all phases of business activity.
- Focus on such areas as potential liability of the company's products, the reliability and safety of all products, and the minimization of such hazards in achieving full customer quality satisfaction.
- Assure and contribute to the regular collection and analysis of quality metrics to measure the business effectiveness of the quality program for achieving optimum balance among prevention, appraisal, and failure costs.
- Maintenance of suitable activities to audit quality effectiveness, especially planning programs of audits; procedure audits, quality-systems audits, and product audits.
- Drive “root cause analysis of failures” to prevent the same failures from occurring.
- Minimum 12+ years of Quality experience with strong emphasis in Supplier Quality Development and New Product Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field/ MBA a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated strategic orientation, approach, mindset with strong business acumen.
- Proven track record of creating, developing, implementing Quality Control and continuous improvement processes.
- Proven and demonstrated track record of either commencing a Quality Department, Division or re-starting from 'ground zero' to ensure transition to the next/higher level.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, organize, and motivate subordinates and cross-functional teams to effect the necessary results.
- Demonstrated ability to work very effectively within a team to meet deadlines and objectives without sacrificing quality.
- Strong, proven analytical skills and very detail-oriented.
- True commitment, passion, drive to being empowered to effect the necessary results and, in turn, be part of the company’s future growth and vision.
- Proven ability to effectively interact and liaise with staff at all levels in a very diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop employees including identifying top talent.
- Excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Honest, direct approach and demeanor.
- Internal Quality
- Supplier Quality
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.