Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The effective set up of the Procurement Operations team and the ongoing team performance management to ensure the effective operation of business processes, adherence to processing timelines and compliance to audit and regulatory requirements. In addition, the role involves monitoring and reporting ongoing team performance and identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to drive process efficiency and effectiveness in the team area.
Procurement Operations Team Leader is the main point of contact for local Country F&A Mgr, resolving issues and driving efficiency.
Operationally the Procurement Operations Team Leader is responsible for credit card administration. The role involves assisting in reporting (KPI, ad hoc, etc) and the month end processes like ensuring accounting periods are closed successfully, PO are issued, Suppliers set up, credit card reconciliations are complete, etc..
This role will require supporting and performing work activities for the Procurement Operations Specialist (including Sr. roles) and Sr. Manager Strategic Sourcing Operations during absences, in times of high workloads or as assigned and necessary.
1. Credit Card Program Administration
• Act as the primary contact for requests and questions regarding the use of the Corporate Card Program and associated Policies.
• Educate cardholders and management about the program and update Cardholders of any program changes and improvements.
• Act as the liaison between the cardholder and the card provider for applications, modifications, account status questions, and terminations.
• Process card account creations, modifications, and cancellations.
• Audit expense accounts for delinquent payments and follow up with cardholders to ensure timely payment.
• Provide reporting as required.
• Manage Supplier ghost cards. 10% of time
2. Create and update Suppliers in iProcurement
• Manage the Supplier Qualification Process which includes: receiving, evaluating and executing on approved documentation.
• Ensure adherence to the approved Supplier Qualification Process
• Input Suppliers/Employee data into Oracle
• Manage exceptions
• Resolve queries in a timely and professional manner
• Promote VMD practices to improve process efficiency
• Identify VMD best practices and implement as appropriate 5% of time
3. iProcurement activities
• Support in the PO process through the timely conversion of PRs into PO's and modification of PO's as appropriate.
• Support PO conversion process
• Follow up on missing/incomplete documentation
• Manage exceptions
• Resolve queries in a timely and professional manner
• Identify PO processing best practices and implement as appropriate 5% of time
4. Procurement Audits
• Participate in procurement audit activities
• Gather and present necessary audit documentation
• Execute activities identified to resolve audit findings (E.G. Supplier inactivation's and PO Inactivation activities) 15% of time
5. Training and Education
• Create training materials and business processes for all job responsibilities performed by the Procurement Operations team.
• Maintain and update training materials as business processes as appropriate.
• Train team members on job activities ensuring high level of accuracy in all activities.
• Support business process mapping activities 15% of time
• Ad hoc reporting to internal and external customers
• Support Global Procurement initiatives in KPIs preparation
7. Perform Other Duties as Required
• Actively supports company change programs and acts as a role model for solution selling.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Completes all job functions as per department and organization policies and procedures.
• Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (e.g. attends ongoing educational programs).
• Demonstrates responsibility for scope of position/own standard of practice.
• Demonstrates full knowledge of current position's and department's relationship to flow of services.
• Demonstrates understanding of knowledge of organizational strategy and objectives. 5% of time
8. Team Lead
• Supervise team to ensure work is completed timely, efficiently, and accurately. Ensure no work is left incomplete
• Develop team members skills
• Complete annual review process
• Lead and collaborate on projects as assigned. What you bring to the team
• Experience of T&E, Purchasing process, Vendor Master Data and Credit Card programs
• Knowledge of Oracle Payables, iProcurment, iExpense
• Experience of working directly with multiple countries and cultures in a finance capacity
• Shared Service Centre experience
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• Ability to interact with stakeholders in multiple languages
• Ability to interact with stakeholders in multiple countries• Time management, professionalism, drive and resilience, problem solving, developing people, building relationships, delivering quality service, feedback and learning
• Attention to detail - The role will involve the timely and accurate processing of Credit card accounts, Supplier Qualification Forms and Purchase Orders
• Numerical ability - Especially relevant to the managing of data and reporting.
• Problem solving - Query resolution related to a variety of issues is required on a regular basis
• Excellent administrator - The role involves handling, processing and managing a large volume of documentation
• Ability to participate on phone calls during United States business hours.
• Experience managing PO processing, Master Data management and credit card management
• Competency in Asia Pacific, Latin America, or European languages
• Mergers & Acquisition experienceOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge