Job ID: R0008624
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Component Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, NC.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
· Monitor the lifecycle of components used in ASTS products
· Detect obsolescence issues as early as possible using company lifecycle tools
· Perform lifecycle analysis of ASTS products and communicate Products Health status to other departments
· Create Mitigation Plans in order to maintain the products
· Understand product-supporting objectives
· Propose the best solutions to deal with obsolescence issues including qualifying an alternate part, performing a Last Time Buy, partial or total redesign of the product or any combination of these solutions
· Assist E&D group with new component research
· Report the health of ASTS product lines, identify main risks and products redesign requirements
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
· Knowledge of electronic and electrical components
· Knowledge of PDM and ERP tools
· Ability to work in a multicultural international environment
· Ability to work both within a team and independently
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
· Knowledge of electromechanical and mechanical components
· Electronic and /or electrical design experience
· Ability to facilitate large group meetings
· Associate’s Degree in Electronics
· English - Proficient
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.