Summary of the position:
The Senior Field Service Technician is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repair, and maintaining all makes of compressed air and gas equipment, including industrial blowers and vacuum pumps. Ability to perform troubleshooting and diagnostic repairs to master control systems and VSD drives using precision measuring tools. Provide service support and training of compressed air equipment to employees and customers in the assigned territory. Demonstrate expertise in the maintenance and repair of compressed air systems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures proper operation of compressed air and gas equipment by completing machine requirements such as diagnostics, preventive maintenance, major repairs, and installation on a wide variety of compressor technologies and ancillary equipment, including advanced electrical control systems and VFD units
- Use of precision measuring tools for diagnostic troubleshooting of compressed air equipment, including advanced air quality checks and troubleshooting of the complete compressed air and gas system installation
- Trains the Field Service Apprentices to perform standard preventive maintenance and field service repair work, in advancement of minor repairs
- Provide recommendations to customers and promote company products, services and solutions that benefit the customer’s operation
- Maintains rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods, techniques, and recommending system improvements
- Document service and installation activities in required company work orders effectively for each job
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating the activities of apprentice field service technicians based on skill level needed for successful service job execution
- Provide support to the Service Coordination and Planning team on identifying parts and supplies necessary for service repairs, when needed
- Daily travel to customer sites to include possible and sporadic on-call emergency service is required to meet customers’ needs
- Conduct safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment
- Submit expense reports, timesheets, and other assigned documentation in a timely, as defined by service manager
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures as outlined by the company
- Communicate customer feedback to service management team as needed, driving customer concerns to closure in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Degree program in Electrical/Electronics Technology or HVAC preferred
- Must have completed (or be able to successfully complete within a reasonable time frame) Sullair certification training to Advanced Level
- 5+ years of strong mechanical and electrical skills with demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment, including electrical, hydraulics and/or pneumatics.
- 3+ Experience in troubleshooting and repairing control systems. Experience in repairs of oil free or centrifugal is a plus
- Advance knowledge of AC/DC circuits, wiring diagrams/schematics, motors/controls, PLCs is highly desired
- Familiarity of HVAC and Refrigeration (certification is a plus)
- Experience in providing technical training
- Experience with the use of advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic tools
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and other basic computer usage. Experience with hand-held device (i.e., Smartphone, iPad).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to engage and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- On time to all meetings / appointments / and scheduled engagements
- Diligent to work habits
- Dedicated to completion of responsibilities
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Willing to accept responsibilities within a team environment
- Employee will use company provided tools and equipment and will be required to travel to attend company provided training
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage) with NFPA or equivalent standards.
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move weight limits in line with the safety policy
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair and Hitachi’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.