Summary of the position:
The Lean Manufacturing Manager will drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and the business-operating plan in multi-sites. They will own the Lean Continuum/cultural change and improvement initiatives for the site by collaborating with site leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and workflows to improve efficiencies.
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control and production record systems.
- Develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
- Interface with other departments to identify improvement opportunities to drive high quality and efficient processes.
- Mobilize problem solving teams and support groups to streamline processes.
- Act as a mentor for Continuous Improvement leadership, supervisory staff and frontline personnel.
- Participate in developing and leading Site Lean Roadmap to influence strategy, planning and execution depending on site specific project or initiative needs.
- Facilitate Kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations and office areas including effective preparation and follow-up.
- Participate in multiple projects and apply continuous improvement techniques leveraging Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to solve problems (DMAIC) and build new capabilities.
- Share best practices with other site Continuous Improvement Senior Specialists and develop coordinated plans.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Document and work with Site Controller to validate achieved site CI savings.
- Own the Lean Maturity assessments and improvement initiatives for the site. Partner with Site Leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
- Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Provide strategic insight and evaluation of the organization’s progression.
- Act as a mentor for the Continuous Improvement leadership, supervisory staff and frontline personnel.
- Aid in the development of the SD/Lean strategy.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or Equivalent Degree.
- MS Degree a plus.
- PMP Certification a plus.
- Six Sigma Black or Green Belt Certification a plus.
- 8 - 10 years of successful leadership in executing Continuous Improvement/Lean/Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency and effectiveness resulting in demonstrable tangible financial benefit.
- Lean Master or Master Six Sigma Black Belt certification required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity, OEE and throughput improvement.
- Intimate knowledge and hands-on experience using operational excellence and continuous improvement methods; ability to personally conduct events and effectively train others in industry standard VSM, LMS, 5S, TPM, SMED, MPS, TPI, SD, 7 Wastes, Standard Work, various 3P, problem solving and action planning.
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective change management, development and execution.
- Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
- Ability to establish self as credible leader and partner with site leadership as a trusted member of staff.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability and willingness to transition into an operations / technical / reliability leadership position within 36 - 48 months.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manufacturing Engineers, Building 1
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.