Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. The Role
We are recruiting a Sr. Software Engineer with extensive Go experience to work as part of the development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering. The role will involve being part of an agile scrum team of skilled/mixed-discipline engineers, understanding the required deliverables and pro-actively taking part in the team's self-organization to ensure sprint goals are met. you will play a key role in shaping the design, development, testing and integration for prioritized work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing complex software while ensuring quality of the product remains high.
A successful candidate must have a proven track record of delivering complex software solutions, and a demonstrable understanding of the software lifecycle. They will also have an inquisitive mind, an openness to new ideas, an excellent attention to detail and an adaptability to change. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as is being a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic.Responsibilities
This role includes some or all the following:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Apply your knowledge of Linux network, storage, and system configuration.
- Design, deployment, configuration, orchestration, and management of distributed systems
- Work within an agile scrum team and interface with external stakeholders during design stage
- Mentor Jr engineers
- 5+ years Proven track record of professional software delivery using Go
- C / C++ experience a plus
- Hands-on experience developing highly concurrent distributed systems
- Working knowledge of cloud computing and experience with highly concurrent distributed systems
- Experience of the Linux and free software world
- Experience with container technologies a plus
- Experience with AWS SDK and tools a plus
- Degree in Computer Science (or other scientific discipline), or equivalent applicable experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.