Job Title -Sr. Linux Developer (Distribution & Packaging) (1018130) Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
Seeking to build strong relationships and trust with new and existing customers across industry sectors such as retail, finance, manufacturing, and public sector. Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include Data Centre/Storage, Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and IoT, to enable your customers to realize the highest levels of success. What you bring to the team Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Apply your scripting expertise to Debian / Ubuntu Linux network, storage, and system configuration.
- End to end build/release engineering for certifying generated builds.
- OS package management; installs, updates, creating custom OS images.
- OS image footprint reduction.
- Integrating OS builds into CI/CD pipelines.
- Build creation and test execution through CI/CD viz. Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Golang/C/C++ build and test execution through CI.
- Stay informed of security issues and integrate patches and updates to close them
- Effectively utilize a wide range of tools in development, including Linux admin and config, shell scripting (bash) as well as python.
- Degree in Computer Science (or other scientific discipline), or equivalent applicable experience.
- At least 8 years of product development & 5 years of DevOps experience
- Extensive experience of shell programming in a Linux system (bash, sh, etc.)
- Should have exposure to Golang environment projects.
- Good experience of maintaining, building and installing packages on a Linux-based system with a standard package management tool (e.g. apt, rpm, yum, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in release engineering of applications, Linux distribution-related work is a must
- Candidates must possess high adaptability, flexibility, desire, and drive to branch out from comfort zone
- Excellent analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with one or more of the following: storage systems and management, high-availability systems
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Ansible, Cloud environments (AWS/ GCP/ Azure) is a plus
- Scrum master experience or certification is a plus.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge