Job Title -Sr. SDS Dev Manager (1018132) Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
We are looking for a senior software developer manager to lead the team working on our next generation file storage solution. In this role you will have the opportunity to help drive the expansion of the team we are building. You will have exposure to many tech stacks as well as hyperscale environments. This role requires a self-starter with the ability to dive in and understand the code base and architecture. What you bring to the team Responsibilities
- Understanding product requirements as well as new and existing technology stacks, contribute towards new product requirements
- Own project scope, milestones, and tasking in own area of the product
- Provide open communication and expectations throughout a project to all stake holders
- Drive team to deliver high quality code
- Guide team on planning and execution of projects
- Participate in, design discussions and task breakdowns
- Collaborate with teammates in an Agile software development lifecycle
- Provide career guidance and annual performance reviews for team members
- Maintain one on ones with team members
- Advise on coding style, process and coordination between coding efforts inside and between teams
- Working with (or being) the Product Owner within a scrum team
- 6+ years of C/C++ software development experience with parallel/networked/distributed systems
- 2+ years of GoLang software development experience with parallel/networked/distributed systems
- 5+ years of experience as a People Manager and/or technical leader for a complex software project
- Strong experience developing software within the Linux environment, e.g.: general administration, kernel interaction, networking, scripting languages, development tools etc.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Active participation in a modern/distributed team environment.
- Direct experience developing code for storage at scale solutions
- Deep working knowledge of file system architecture and principles
- Understanding and experience with software development of protocols such as SMB, NFS, Samba
- Development level exposure to enterprise level storage technologies, distributed file systems, snapshots, replication, clustering, high availability, de-duplication, and related concepts
- Conversance with agile software development methodologies and task break down methodologies, such as: scrum-ban, stand-ups, story mapping, planning poker, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Keywords: Linux, Go, C++, file system, metadata, replication, distributed file system, block storage, NAS, SMB, Samba, NFS, POSIX, SDS, Object Storage, op-locks, ACLs, locking, versioning, snapshots, replication, caching, clustering, multi-threading
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge