Meet our Team
We are the Hitachi Vantara Enterprise Information Security (EIS) team, and we are passionate advocates of information security! EIS has the primary responsibility for safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, systems, and information in the enterprise. We ensure that corporate systems are secure, and we make sure that products that we deliver to customers are free of security flaws and vulnerabilities. Most relevant to this role, we assess, report, and seek to mitigate information security risk, as well as seek to comply with all proper law and regulation in the various jurisdictions in which the company operates. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes, and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best information security program!What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Support and advise the Chief Information Security Officer on all realms related to risk and compliance for the enterprise
- Lead periodic enterprise and IT risk assessments, including collaboration with key stakeholders and reporting results to the CISO
- Support and lead the vendor risk process by which the enterprise evaluates new vendors for security risk
- Coordinating between Internal Audit, external auditors, and other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with applicable regulation and standards, including, but not limited to: J-SOX, GDPR, ISO 27001 and others
- Liasing with other Hitachi group companies, including communications with key stakeholders in Japan, India, Poland, Mexico, and the United States
- Ensuring that information security policies, procedures and standards are periodically reviewed, up to date, and relevant for the enterprise
- Leading a program by which we ensure compliance by the employee base with information security policies, including acceptable use, and data protection
- Lead the information security employee training program
- Advising and collaborating with the Disaster Recovery and Incident Response teams to establish policy and procedure
- Serving as a member of the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) from a governance and risk perspective
- Participating in DR exercises and Incident Response tabletops
- Managing a team of GRC professionals that reside across the globe in India, Poland, Mexico, and the United States
- Collaborate with the other leaders of EIS including product security and operations/engineering
- Strong/expert level understanding of trends in the industry for information security policy, audit, compliance, and risk management
- Excellent soft skills are a must, we are looking for a strong people person who is thoughtful in his or her approach to working on teams and working with people on other teams
- 10 years of experience working in governance risk and compliance functions for large enterprises
- Experience working with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory frameworks. GDPR experience is required. Experience with either J-SOX or SOX experience is required.
- A fluency in the language of cybersecurity. The ability to understand technical concepts and translate them to an assessment of risk.
- Experience supporting employee security training programs.
- Experience and mastery of data protection and DLP concepts and operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Self-driven with an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and variables in a dynamic and fast moving large scale project with tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and quality is an absolutely must
- Willingness to work in an international team, with project meetings several times a week in odd hours to support North America, Europe, and Asia
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge